News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Group design of a RPG - right here

Started by Tobias, August 19, 2004, 03:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydney Freedberg

I hereby sign onto the Morris Manifesto and proclaim my undying fealty to Tobias, our Foot.

As for the "Space Dogfights" thread that people cited, a few thoughts on why that worked (or almost worked -- I don't think an actual game exists as yet): 1) a strong leader and 2) an engaging "high concept" that got everyone going. I think it's coming time to work on (2), which is probably a separate thread; but in the interests of (1), I defer to Tobias on that.

I also suspect we probably want some strong setting-and-situation combination for which we can then build mechanics, as opposed to a cool mechanic which we then find a situation and setting for*. But I could be wrong; it's one of my hobbies.

EDIT: *Not to diss LordSmerf/Thomas's thoughts on situational and metagame mechanics; they sound cool -- and precisely the kind of thing I wouldn't think of, which is the value-added of a collaborative effort in the first place.

Jediblack

These flowers of darkness will help my mind not to forget my past.

Tobias

Wow. A manifest that gives me powers. I undersign as well and will strive to not use them. :)

At least I've run brainstorming sessions before.... so I will start off a new thread, brainstorming on setting and system. This thread I'll keep for meta-topics such as organisation of the development, for now.

Let´s see what develops!
Tobias op den Brouw

- DitV misses dead gods in Augurann
- My GroupDesign .pdf.

Andrew Morris

Is this the forum where anyone who wants to get involved should say so, and agree to the rules for doing so, then?
Download: Unistat

Todd Bogenrief

Signed on to the so named Morris Manifesto.
-Todd "Bogie" Bogenrief