News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Congratulations!

Started by GB Steve, August 19, 2004, 08:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GB Steve

The Diana Jones Award and Indie Game of the Year, a well deserved sweep!

What further delights can we expect from Half Meme in the coming year?

Victor Gijsbers

Congratulations indeed - no less than four awards in the Indie-RPG awards!

DevP

I loved and own many of those nominated games, but I have to say that MLwM absolutely deserves it's multisweep: not only for excellence, but for the major, major impact it is going to have and is having and game design. Be afraid, Dr. Czege.

joshua neff

Wow! Congratulations, Paul!
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

ScottM

My congratulations as well!
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Sean

Paul, congratulations! Drinks are on me when you get back to SEMI!

Paul Czege

Thanks guys. I'm still so completely overwhelmed by the experience that I don't know what to say.

The apparent downside of winning the award is that the congratulatory handshaking over the course of the convention is an incredible vector of contagion. I've been a wiped-out mess of sore-throat, no energy, and congestion since Sunday evening. But if that's the price, man alive, I wouldn't have it any other way. Last Wednesday's Diana Jones evening is a night I'll never forget. The award is the greatest creative recognition I've ever received. Nothing else even comes close. I was so utterly humbled by the applause and all the personal congratulations afterwards. All I can say is thanks.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Colin the Riot

I'd also like to post my congrats and thanks again for the opportunity of letting me illustrate such a good game.  Maybe one day we can work together again.  I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.   Congrats. Again.
Colin Theriot,
a.k.a. Teh Clawring Crabe

Ed Cha

That is really awesome! You seem to take a very interesting, yet user-friendly, psychological approach to your games. Congratulations.
Founder and Chairman, Indie Press Revolution
http://www.indiepressrevolution.com
FREE shipping on the best in indie games

CEO, Open World Press
http://www.openworldpress.com
Publisher of the critically-acclaimed "World of Whitethorn" series

Paul Czege

Colin,

Thanks. And likewise, totally. It was awesome working with you. You're the premier dude for synergy with art direction. And I am sorely tempted to shelve my fumbly sophomore efforts at game design, scour the Internet for some brilliant but innocent game designer, buy his magnum opus for pennies on the dollar, and hire you forthwith to do the artwork...

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans