News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

GenCon thanks

Started by smokewolf, August 23, 2004, 08:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Jurgen takes the best pictures.

James, however, who took the booth photo at the end, IIRC, does not. Well, I'm just petulant because I'm out of the picture to the right (the pictured people's left). Sigh.

I'm not a modest person, but I am restraining myself from posting just what I think about the Forge booth. Because if I did, I'd sound like an amazing braggart spewing rampant fanboy propaganda (OK, I wrote it out once, and had to erase it). Because I can only use superlatives to describe what I see going on at The Forge booth with any accuracy.

Last year was great. This year was spectacular. I can't imagine what next year holds in store.

Thanks to Ron as always for being the source of this all, and thanks to Ralph, Luke, and George for making the big investments neccessary to make it happen. I agree with Vincent, I miss Jake, too - but if we have to replace him then I think we did as well as can be expected with the new TROS crew.

Special thanks to Andy for being so cool. Someone pointed to him at one point, selling games in Japanese with his hands up over his head and said, that he must be saying "Godzilla!" Nothing as cool as seeing somebody sell RPGs at the Forge booth in Japanese. More importantly, he was a great announcer for the Indy Awards, which he needs to be congratulated for repeatedly all on their own.

And overall, thanks to anyone who listened. No surprise to anyone that I really like to hear myself talk, so thanks for putting up with me. If y'all didn't give me an outlet, I'd probably explode. :-)

Thanks to absolutely everyone I met for making the experience beyond enjoyable once again. I could mention something special about each and every person, probably, but it's mostly been covered already - just know that I appreciate each one of you for your own special contributions. Not a leaker in the bunch, and this includes every customer I talked to. Which I think is saying something.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Andy Kitkowski

Hey guys, I finally got around to scanning in my pictures today.  They turned out, for the most part, fucking horrible. That's the last time I carry around disposable cameras.  I've always been a bit of a shutterbug, it's time to either fix up my "face cannon" pro camera, or get a decent high shutter speed digicam.

Anyway, here they are, with little captions about.  I also am hosting Droz' pics and some pics I store from other sites, particularly regarding the Indie RPG Awards.

http://www.robo-christ.com/gallery

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Ed Cha

Sounds like great fun was had by all.

Did you have any kind of schedule to make sure the booth wasn't overcrowded or under-staffed at any point?

I know there were times when our booth was so crowded, it was hard to reach passersby and at other times, there weren't enough people that nobody could go to the restroom.
Founder and Chairman, Indie Press Revolution
http://www.indiepressrevolution.com
FREE shipping on the best in indie games

CEO, Open World Press
http://www.openworldpress.com
Publisher of the critically-acclaimed "World of Whitethorn" series

ErrathofKosh

Quote from: Andy KitkowskiHey guys, I finally got around to scanning in my pictures today.  They turned out, for the most part, fucking horrible. That's the last time I carry around disposable cameras.  I've always been a bit of a shutterbug, it's time to either fix up my "face cannon" pro camera, or get a decent high shutter speed digicam.

Anyway, here they are, with little captions about.  I also am hosting Droz' pics and some pics I store from other sites, particularly regarding the Indie RPG Awards.

http://www.robo-christ.com/gallery

-Andy

Wonderful, now I know what all of my heros look like! :)  Great pictures all around.

Jonathan
Cheers,
Jonathan

Andy Kitkowski

BTW, I've been doing a lot of thinkin', and I'm probably going to revisit the whole "GenCon once every two years" thing.  This year was far more exciting, fun and interesting than I ever expected it to be, and I'd be remiss if I didn't rethink that policy a little.

It's more of an economic thing: I go back home to Japan once every two years, and I don't want to blow a lot of money.  But considering that it only costs working an easy three weekend days to make the lucre to fly to, stay at and blow massive cash at GenCon, I'll probably reconsider.  If I do, though, my wallet will be tighter, and I'll probably try to publish something small and fun early next year to help cover the costs of my trip even a little.

But after meeting a lot of you - and Oh, the Gaming - I'm gonna see what I can do to make it there next year, too.

Thanks for a great time.

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Valamir