News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Please see our new forums: http://www.trosforums.com

Started by Claymore, August 02, 2004, 01:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian.Plumb

Hi,

Quote from: ClaymoreOur new forums site: //www.trosforums.com is now live! ...

There are a couple of things I dislike about the new forum. Will alternate Board Styles be offered to select from within our profiles? Anything other than a black background would be great (especially if the flickering image could be axed). Is there any chance of allowing 100 x 100 avatars while still retaining the 6 kb limit? It would be really great if new postings didn't have to be entered into a 15 line x 60-odd character box -- can that be configured?

Cheers,

Claymore

Quote from: Ian.PlumbHi,

Quote from: ClaymoreOur new forums site: //www.trosforums.com is now live! ...

There are a couple of things I dislike about the new forum. Will alternate Board Styles be offered to select from within our profiles? Anything other than a black background would be great (especially if the flickering image could be axed). Is there any chance of allowing 100 x 100 avatars while still retaining the 6 kb limit? It would be really great if new postings didn't have to be entered into a 15 line x 60-odd character box -- can that be configured?

Cheers,

More styles are coming, we have been asked about this a few times. As for the rest, please post it in general banter under the thread our webmaster started. I'm really not all that savy when it comes the more technical detail.
George
Driftwood Publishing
claymore@theriddleofsteel.net
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

silentounce

i'm also having a hard time with the new forum

as in i can't reach the site

is it down

or is it just my firewall at work being a pain?

Dain

Kindof having a problem reading the new forum as well. The high contrast colors are really cool looking, but any attempt to read for any length of time creates severe eye strain...especially for us old blind farts.

Claymore

Quote from: silentouncei'm also having a hard time with the new forum

as in i can't reach the site

is it down

or is it just my firewall at work being a pain?

It must be your firewall, we have been running fine all day.
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Claymore

Quote from: DainKindof having a problem reading the new forum as well. The high contrast colors are really cool looking, but any attempt to read for any length of time creates severe eye strain...especially for us old blind farts.

My webmaster will be adding new styles this weekend, along with a few other things. You will be able to customize the forum to your needs.
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Sneaky Git

I am also having trouble with the new forums...as in, I did the registering thing a couple of days ago and have yet to receive email confirmation.  As a result, I can not log on to the forums.  Any help?
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.

ultraviolet

That's odd, I had no problems whatsoever, recieved my regisration mail within 10 minutes.

Claymore

Quote from: Sneaky GitI am also having trouble with the new forums...as in, I did the registering thing a couple of days ago and have yet to receive email confirmation.  As a result, I can not log on to the forums.  Any help?

Only two people have experienced this problem. If you email me your username, I can activate you myself.
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Valamir

Sneaky, check whereever your ISP saves filtered spam messages.  Alot of auto reply confirmations get picked up as Spam.

Richard_Strey

I registered over there a few days ago. Auto-Reply worked within seconds and I recieved it on a holiday island in the north sea off the German coast. In an internet cafe! I like tech. If it works, that is. ;)