News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Excelsior Preview?

Started by Brand_Robins, August 24, 2004, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brand_Robins

So, as I missed Gen Con, did the Excelsior preview come out there?

Will it be avaliable to those of us miserable wretches that didn't make it to the Con?
- Brand Robins

Ron Edwards

Hi Brand,

Oh, times have changed, my friend!

1. It's now "With Great Power," not "Excelsior." Sort of a trademark issue there.

2. Yes it did appear at GenCon, and yes I did buy and play it!

It's still a preview, but it's a playable one and extremely classy. Michael is still probably lying on a couch with his feet elevated and a nice damp towel over his eyes, but when he recovers from the madness that was the booth, I'll betcha he'll speak up.

Best,
Ron

Brand_Robins

Quote from: Ron Edwards1. It's now "With Great Power," not "Excelsior." Sort of a trademark issue there.

Ah, I'd seen both names but had no idea which was current. Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote from: Ron Edwardswhen he recovers from the madness that was the booth, I'll betcha he'll speak up.

Excellent. This little game has me about as excited as anything in recent history. Between it, Dogs in the Vineyard, and Nine Worlds I'm about ready to rupture.
- Brand Robins

Michael S. Miller

Hi, Brand.

Thanks for your interest in the game. Yes, With Great Power... is the current name. Yes, I do have some print copies left. I'll be making them available at the website as soon as I get a chance to update it and setup PayPal. Hopefully that will happen this weekend. Further discussion about the game will be welcome here as well.

BTW, congrats on posting to my forum before I did! It's very cool to not only log on and find one's forum request has been granted, but to see a thread there already.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

galex

I just found out about this game...sadly AFTER GenCon, or I would definitely have stopped by to check out the demo -- the example play was very intriguing. Are you considering a PDF version by any chance? I'm not much on print editions of games these days, so was just wondering.

Brand_Robins

Quote from: galexAre you considering a PDF version by any chance? I'm not much on print editions of games these days, so was just wondering.

I'd like to know about this as well. I'm Canadian, so shipping from the States is often an expensive pain, and I've a nifty laser printer at work that I can use -- so .pdf tends to be my format of choice.
- Brand Robins

Eric J. Boyd

I'd like to add my name to the list of those interested in picking up a copy, whether print or PDF. With Great Power sounds like the holy grail of supers gaming I've been looking for.

Cheers,

Eric

Michael S. Miller

I hadn't planned on a PDF release previously, but I certainly haven't shut the door on that option either. I'll be certain to post notices as events warrant. Thanks for your interest.

dunlaing

pdf is definitely more attractive to me. It flls my instant gratification need and it makes the possibility of people in my neighborhood stealing the game off of my front porch as low as possible.

dunlaing

ok, I broke down and bought it anyway.

But you'd have gotten my money 48 hours sooner if there was a pdf option!

Michael S. Miller

Thanks for your purchase. I hope you like the "dead tree" version of the game, as it'll be arriving sometime next week. Be ready to beat off those covetous theives that haunt your porch!

dunlaing

Quote from: Michael S. MillerBe ready to beat off those covetous theives that haunt your porch!

Wow.

That's a... novel approach.

So, you think they'll be grateful enough for the handjob that they'll leave my packages?

I guess I can give it a try...

:)

Christopher Weeks