News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

How many tenets?

Started by Christopher Weeks, June 04, 2004, 02:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Very cool. I think that it's interesting that you can't seem to get agreement in playing the scenes, but then that you can when the decisionmaking is divorced from the action.

Glad you've made an adjustment that works for you.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Christopher Weeks

I've been a bad tenet-tracker.  Hopefully this catches me up.

Stephen Hickey played, perhaps over several months, A Russian Fairytale: The Cat who could End the World.  There appear to be 18 tenets and an unknown number of players.  (What's the deal with the missing tenets, the number of players and the ten month gap, Hix?)

Seven weeks ago, Adrienne played a game with a couple of late teens as part of some kind of official summer program.  Three players ended up with 20 tenets.

The South African Universalis contingent have played two sessions of They Only Come Out at Night with four players and eleven tentets.  They're described here and here.

Nev played a game where he cut off the tenet phase after ten tenets with two other players.

Over here Tobias and two non-gamer females played with only five tenets.

Don and wife started a game with 31 tenets, but I'm not clear on whether they trimmed this number by converting some to Components as a result of Forge input.

Chris

Christopher Weeks

Over here there is a game with four players and eleven Tenets.  I think it's not fair to count players who come in after Tenet Phase unless there's more Tenet Phase goodness like new tenet phases each session or the like.

hix

Hey Chris, according to my notes there were 16 tenets at the time we launched into scene play (and another 3 were added in the sessions after that). We had 5 players. 1 of them stopped contributing to the tenets at "12. In school you can learn to speak to animals,' because he felt we had enough to go on.

The game itself played out over 2 and a half months. As for that 10 month gap in the write-up: RL job commitments, some OOS/RSI (fine, now) ... and coming to grips with Actual Play reports.

We now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs