News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

How to describe my play style

Started by ffilz, August 27, 2004, 01:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hi Frank,

Are you sure about that? Why not have just two?

Yeah. Just two. You know you would prefer small groups. Why not get a great game going with these guys, and let word of mouth add one or two more over time, and then close entry?

Best,
Ron

ffilz

It's an interesting thought. Of course it would sort of be three (including the wife). The question I need to answer for myself is whether these two/three will result in a game that is better than not playing. Probably the answer is yes. I did have a heck of a good time running Another Fine Mess with just these players (and I had a good time running demos of Rune Quest and a friend's homebrew for the husband and wife).

I don't expect any of these players to really generate contacts with other players outside the influence the kid has on his mother. Of course the mother is pretty likely to play if her schedule allows, and she will be a most welcome player. There's a possibility she might drag along their housemate.

I guess I would be more confident if I could understand the players interests better. But then perhaps I don't need to completely understand it, and just deliver my best. These players are most definitely the most enthusiastic and dedicated players from the AU campaign, which suggests that their needs are being met pretty well (either that or there's disfunctional play going on that I'm not comprehending). Even the wife is being engaged on some level judging by her contributions to the discussions about the games.

Well, I'll be spending this weekend in simulationist preparation heaven, figuring out how to bash Fudge into shape for use with Tekumel...

Thanks for the ideas and encouragement.

Frank
Frank Filz