News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Jonathan Tweet Picks Dogs

Started by lumpley, September 02, 2004, 03:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpley

Jonathan Tweet's Pick of GenCon

A few of you know just how psyched I am.

Quote from: Jonathan TweetI almost didn't pick Dogs because I didn't want a game with characters that the players couldn't respect. They sounded like thugs, Inquisitors in the American style. But it turns out that they're not thugs. They're righteous stalwarts and brave heroes. They root out and face down corruption with their hearts as well as their sidearms. The irony and anti-heroism I expected to find aren't in the game.

-Vincent

Ron Edwards

And if you'd given the characters death-beam eye rays you woulda totally rocked!

Best,
Ron

Judd

Quote from: Ron EdwardsAnd if you'd given the characters death-beam eye rays you woulda totally rocked!

Best,
Ron

If the Savior Who Has Returned decides that Watchdogs will smite the sinful with death-beam eye rays, then by His will it shall be done.

Congrats on the kudos from Tweet.

ScottM

Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Matt Wilson

I can't believe the guy who wrote Everway has a hard time with Dust Devils and HeroQuest.

But still, rock on, Vincent!

bluegargantua

Quote from: Ron EdwardsAnd if you'd given the characters death-beam eye rays you woulda totally rocked!

That's it.  My next Dog has "Ride Penny-Farthing bike" and "Death-beam Eye Rays" as Traits.

Congratulations, Vincent.  It's well-earned praise.

later
Tom
The Three Stooges ran better black ops.

Don't laugh, Larry would strike unseen from the shadows and Curly...well, Curly once toppled a dictatorship with the key from a Sardine tin.

hardcoremoose

Funny, since Battledragons was new two years ago.  

Good for Dogs!

- Scott

DannyK

Kenneth Hite gives Dogs a shout-out too:
Quote...the always-amazing Forge booth, where my likely hit of the show resided: Vincent (Kill Puppies for Satan) Baker's newest RPG, Dogs in the Vineyard. This is a Western game featuring nigh-Mormon paladins in nigh-Utah, dealing out righteous smackdowns upon the sinful and demonic, and it's a beaut. ("Yes, Ken," Vincent said to me, "you can play Cotton Mather hunting witches with it." Talk about your hard sell.)

He goes on to promise a Dogs review... column after next.