News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Internal cause and Premise

Started by Marco, September 01, 2004, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Seconded on the closing, although I don't wanna stop anyone from getting in a last post.

Marco, I've tried to say it myself a buncha times about the "emotional involvement" thing and am often stymied. That's my last word, weenie as it is ...

Best,
Ron

Walt Freitag

Edited: deleted due to cross-posting with the request for thread closing.

- Walt
Wandering in the diasporosphere

contracycle

Quote from: MarcoI think that step-on-up is distinct from emotional empathy or resonance that one gets from engaging with literature and theme.

I know it is; thats my point.  Different does not mean non-existant.  Please try reading what I write.

Ron, as far as I can tell, Marco's purpose here is to play semantic games with the jargon.  I am only trying to disentangle them, and seeing as explaining things to Marco only gives him more argumentation to manipulate, the short and to-the-point response is best.
Impeach the bomber boys:
www.impeachblair.org
www.impeachbush.org

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci

Marco

Quote from: contracycle
Ron, as far as I can tell, Marco's purpose here is to play semantic games with the jargon.  I am only trying to disentangle them, and seeing as explaining things to Marco only gives him more argumentation to manipulate, the short and to-the-point response is best.

Well, that's a personal attack and I don't appreciate it. You could've chosen to say that to Ron in a PM or not say it at all. Considering that you were already warned explicitly once in this thread, I would expect there'll be some stronger action taken this time. As yours is essentially the last word on the topic, I'm requesting that this thread be officially closed.

-Marco
---------------------------------------------
JAGS (Just Another Gaming System)
a free, high-quality, universal system at:
http://www.jagsrpg.org
Just Released: JAGS Wonderland

Ron Edwards

Closed for sure.

[sigh] Everyone, let the moderator moderate, don't sic him on one another, please.

Best,
Ron