News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

PTA Shows: Elevator Pitch Time

Started by John Harper, September 15, 2004, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Harper

So, we all know that show creation is a group process for PTA. But it's a good idea to arrive at the planning session with a couple of basic "elevator pitches" to get the ball rolling. I'll start with one of mine.

The Season of Living Dangerously
The protags all work as journalists (writers, photographers, their loved ones) in a dangerous, exotic locale. There are military coups, natural disasters, and heroic stories to cover as well as personal battles to fight for ethics, truth, and love.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Tobias

Pecunia Puppet
A series about 1 lead character (and his support team). The lead character has technology in his skull that allows daily contestants to take him over (posession) for one workday, to try to make as much money as possible.
Tobias op den Brouw

- DitV misses dead gods in Augurann
- My GroupDesign .pdf.

Matt Wilson

Summoner
A situation comedy about a group of dysfunctional people who try to solve their problems by summoning uncooperative demons to do their bidding. Lots of sexual innuendos. It's probably on late.

Ron Edwards

Aw c'mon, Matt, be serious. No one would watch that.

Best,
Ron

Ben Lehman

School Fishes--

An CG-animated cartoon show about a group of fishes in high school.

yrs--
--Ben

joshua neff

I'd love to do a PTA game that's like The West Wing, only with smaller, probably local, government.

I'd also like to do something like Sports Night (yes, I'm an Aaron Sorkin fan), set behind the scenes of a TV show. Maybe behind the scenes of a sitcom or soap opera.

Another idea I had was something along the lines of Amelie as a TV series: set in the "hipster" neighborhood of a city (New York, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Milwaukee, Kansas City, wherever), with the main characters being artists, eccentrics, slackers, & dreamers looking for love and success.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

John Harper

I like the sound of the Amelie show, Josh. I would love to play in something like that.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!