News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What a great site :)

Started by Adorame, September 26, 2004, 09:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adorame

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, the project Im working on and what I think of the Forge.

My name is Cody I live in the DC area with my wife. (married July this year)  I work for the department of homeland security as does she "Abigail".  I've always had a love of fantasy and science fiction and enjoy books by Salvatore, King, Jordan, Asimov etc.  

I joined the Navy in 1992 at which time I learned how fun GMing could be.  It gave me a chance to let my imagination take others through a novel and through their actions take me along too.  

We used AD&D back then and though we enjoyed the game and the world it was set in.  The system seemed to be missing a lot.  At the end of my tour 1996 I started designing a world.  I wanted the fantasy to be realistic based more on science than fiction.  I spent the next seven or so years creating our setting with much help from many friends.  Once we were pleased with our project we spent much of our time creating and destroying system mechanics to fit our setting.  It was an immense amount of work as any of you who have gone as far as publishing know.  

Our project is eight years cleaner and more refined than it first began.  Its finally ready for its second beta test then publishing.  This beta is really more about finishing touches.  The raw foundation has been built strong by years of playtesting.  We look forward to meeting final beta testers and even live players in the DC area.  Ive already noticed a few on the forge.  

Ive enjoyed looking through the Forge.  This is an excellent resource.  I certainly wish I knew of it years ago but Im glad my friend told me about it last week anyway.  I look forward to being a forge member and cant wait to join in the discussions as well as look into what everyone else is upto.  Im sure there are some great games in the works.  It is good to create and there is room for countless new ideas.  See ya around the forge!
All that glitters is not gold. All who wander are not lost.

Nathan

Quote from: AdorameWe look forward to meeting final beta testers and even live players in the DC area.  Ive already noticed a few on the forge.  

Welcome, dude.

I too am in the DC area, although I am very new here. I live in Wheaton, MD -- so let me know if you plan on doing something. Maybe we could try to schedule an indie games day in the area. I know of some other gamers that we could tap... try to get twenty or so people out to test out new games, play indie stuff, and just hang out.

Thanks,
Nathan
-------------------------------------------
http://www.mysticages.com/
Serving imagination since '99
Eldritch Ass Kicking:
http://www.eldritchasskicking.com/
-------------------------------------------

Adorame

We'd love to do that.   Im sure for our part all the "Regalia" crew would fly in for something like that.  Tickets arnt too expensive.
All that glitters is not gold. All who wander are not lost.