News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Terrae Novae] Opinions

Started by Kilor Di, September 27, 2004, 08:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilor Di

www.geocities.com/greginkelaar/projects.html and then click on Terrae Novae.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but between finishing college and getting a job, I haven't had too much time to work on Terrae Novae.

Just posting to see what everyone thinks of the changes I've made to Terrae Novae.  I didn't change much, but I have changed a few things.  I plan on making some more changes soon, such as actually creating a mechanic for battle between two armies and determining how many experience points characters will need in order to level up.
A good game knows how to pull you in time after time.  A great game never lets go.
                                             -Me

TonyLB

Uh... where are the rules?  You've got thirty pages of background, a dozen types of dragons, scads of magic systems, almost a dozen statistics, classes, classes and elite classes, plus artifacts at the end.

But I cannot find anywhere in the text that tells me how any of this would actually be used to play a game.  Did I miss it?
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Kilor Di

Darn!  I knew I forgot something!

Just kidding.  What few rules I've created so far are scattered throughout the material at the moment.  Once I've finished the stuff I'm working on now, I'll make a special section for the rules.
A good game knows how to pull you in time after time.  A great game never lets go.
                                             -Me

TonyLB

Ah... okay... well, I really don't have any comment on the background material.  Maybe if you could convey some specific thing that you're trying to do with it, people might be able to say "X will probably help you, but Y will hinder, and have you considered adding Z?"
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum