News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Idea to help all of us

Started by Adorame, September 28, 2004, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adorame

I had an idea that the admins may like but then again maybe its too much work.  

There are quite a few people here with the same problems or so it seems.  They make a system and really want share their ideas and settings however there ends up being a problem of really getting your idea across.  My suggestion would be:

If you have a setting and sytem you want to bring to the whole group, place your name and contact info on a thread along with all the info you want to show the group.  Then the admins can number them and each week one can be randomly picked.   For that week we can all really concentrate on the one system and setting, checking out their website, art, stories and system mechanics.  Then we can really help each other in an organised way.

Just a little idea I hope would beifit everyone here.  I know that many who come here especially in my case are extremly limited by time but I do want to share and comment.  This may just help by giving everyone a shot on the stage.

Regards, Cody
All that glitters is not gold. All who wander are not lost.

Jasper

I think that's an interesting idea, and I might consider checking out a new group that was designed expressly to use it.  But there are three big problems with doing it here, besides any amount of moderator work:

1. There are too many games.  At one a week, or even every couple of days, we'd never touch most of them.

2. Not everyone's going to be interested in the same things.  The Forge isn't any kind of body that has a responsibility to comment on a given game: each person comments if he's interested and has something to say on each project.

3. People need time to digest ideas, ruminate, and then come back to it.  Even a thread that's not generating large amounts of discussion may last a month with continuous but not back-to-back posting.  

So it wouldn't work here.  As I said though, if you (or someone else) wanted to start up a new design forum with this method, I'd be very interested in seeing how it turned out.
Jasper McChesney
Primeval Games Press