News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Script Templates

Started by dyjoots, October 07, 2004, 11:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyjoots

Here it was suggested that one way of making running combats easier on the GM of Burning Wheel would be to create combat templates for different types of NPCs.  basically, the idea is that you can imagine the stock sorts of bad guys the PCs will encounter (e.g. Big Bruiser, Nimble Fencer, Archer, etc.) and write up a few easily modifiable templates for each.

so we come to the point of this thread: i haven't run the game yet, and i'm sure there are some other unexperienced folks on the board.  for those of you who ARE more experienced, i have a request.  could you suggest some easy scripts for average (i.e. Reflexes 4) bad guys in different categories, so that we can have some more of an idea how to make our own?

obviously, block/strike/block/strike would probably be the most common, but what are some other common templates for combat scripts (and the type of character that would make the most use of them)?

(i tried to post this to the forum at www.burningwheel.org, but i couldn't get the registration process to work...)
-- Chris Rogers

taepoong

I posted some back on the original RPGNet thread.
Abzu yelled at me and called my old sig "silly."

Luke

responded to in some detail, here.

-L