News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Possible translation of EndLand

Started by zaltar, October 22, 2004, 12:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaltar

EndLand is a post-atomical german rpg formerly commercial become free.

Unluckly the manual, a masterpiece of graphical design, is actually only in german.
Will be translated in English by some good samaritans?

Then it could be translated in any other language, don't you think?

You can find out more clicking here: http://www.endzeit.de/.

See ya, guys.

greyorm

My German is rusty but passable, at least with some practice. I took four years of it during high school, so I'd be comfortable doing a translation (and it would help expand my vocabulary considerably!). However, I do not know that I have the time to engage in such.

You might consider using one of the many free language translation programs available on-line to translate the text, then have a friend who speaks excellent (if not native) English to do a human clean-up of the results.

Finally, a couple of questions about the game itself: why did the publishing company drop the game? Who currently holds the rights to the game? Are there any copyright (and thus legal) issues involved in making a translation available?
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

zaltar

I only know the game WAS commercial, THEN released free, though I don't know what kind of license is upon this stuff.

Well, don't worry about time. I just thought was a shame to leave a job so well designed only to the german public, that's it: interest.

Anyway I don't trust automatic translation, at least the apps I saw thus far, could you suggest a reliable FREE software?

I know English pretty well, problably I would get in trouble starting a translation from this language.

See ya. :)