News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Indie RPG Explosion at Dreamation 2005

Started by Michael S. Miller, November 02, 2004, 08:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brennan Taylor

The schedule works for me, Michael.

Here's my event:

Scum and Villainy Our Specialty
TransGalaxy is one of the largest corporations in the galaxy, and they deal with some of the sleaziest clients around. Someone has to go and collect from these deadbeats, and when the debtors are tinpot planetary dictators, crime lords, and semi-legal arms dealers, it takes a special kind of someone to do it. TransGalaxy High-Risk Collections is home to the baddest SOBs anywhere, and as part of one of these elite teams, you need to get your cut. Today. Load 'em up!

Dregg

Quote from: Michael S. Miller
What I now need from each of you:

1) Approval of the schedule. This includes any wrangling, negotiating, slot-switching, threats or cries of anguish as necessary. If it's okay with you as it stands, then just say so.

Schedule looks fine to me, since I have a midnight game. Will work on a scenarios fitting to the slot =)

2) Title of your event. What's the name of this particular scenario?

The Titles are simple and I will send you full details in the evening

Pulp Era: Cinematic Adventures in the Yesteryear - The Revenge of Orubu

Pulp Era: Cinematic Adventures in the Yesteryear - Gods Amongst Men

Pulp Era: Cinematic Adventures in the Yesteryear - Warlords of the Aether

3) Event description. I've seen DoubleExposure print some pretty long event descriptions in their convention books, but let's not push it. Brevity is the soul of wit. Please include a URL.

I'll work one up...

We need to finish the above by Sunday, December 5, at the latest.

No Problemo

What happens next?

5) We descend on New Brunswick like a hurricane of gaming force!

Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J. Carpio "Dregg"
Gaming Coordinator I-CON (iconsf.org)
Chapter 13 Press co founder(www.chapter13press.com)
Column Writer "Lights, Camera, Action!" (silven.com)

Dregg

Quote from: Jared A. SorensenIt looks like I might be there. I need to talk with the Dreamation people.

Kick Ass!

Hope you make it Jared, its alway a pleasure to see ya.
The Dreamation people are pretty awsome to deal with.
J. Carpio "Dregg"

lumpley

Michael: for Dogs, a midnight slot - okay.

Is there room on the schedule for my Understanding Roleplaying workshop?

-Vincent

Michael S. Miller

Matt Only 2 hour slots? No problem there. I'll do a little juggling on Saturday & Sunday afternoon.

Brennan & Dregg Thanks for getting back to me on this so quickly.

Vincent While I'm juggling Matt's timeslots I'll be sure to work yours in. How long do you reckong Understanding RolePlaying to run? 2 or 4 hours? We could possibly do a 2-hour Understanding Role-Playing seminar and 2-hour Independent Publishing Seminar on Sunday morning. Let me know what you think.

Jared Glad to have you aboard. See any games of yours you want to run? Shall I try to shoehorn a session of Lacuna into the schedule? Let me know.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Dregg

Michael,

is there to be a schedule of who is manning the Forge table?
Times and such?

I want to participate in the Indie Panel and I am hoping that i will not be boothing at the time.
J. Carpio "Dregg"

Bill_White

Hey, I'm interested in running a session or two of Ganakagok, my Iron Chef: Fantasy runner-up.  

I could show up late Friday, and I'd have to leave early Sunday to make it back to my day job.  I think I could probably stay with a friend, so I wouldn't need a place to crash.

Bill White

TonyLB

Quote from: DreggIs there to be a schedule of who is manning the Forge table?
For that matter, are we doing a single Forge table?  We've got a very big, very well-located space.  Should we be splitting off a thread to bounce around ideas for how to use it to advantage?
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Clinton R. Nixon

And while people are throwing ideas like a hurricane - I want to run a workshop called "Publishing your RPG with free and cheap software options."

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

LordSmerf

I just thought I'd speak up to tell you how frustrating this is.  The farther this thread progresses the more often I look for cheap plane tickets...

Thomas
Current projects: Caper, Trust and Betrayal, The Suburban Crucible

Michael S. Miller

Quote from: TonyLBFor that matter, are we doing a single Forge table?  We've got a very big, very well-located space.  Should we be splitting off a thread to bounce around ideas for how to use it to advantage?

Tony: Yes, please start a thread about table set-up if you like. However, please keep in mind that we do not have a very big space. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding Becca, the Indie RPG Explosion table and likely 8-12 other game companies will be in that space between the elevators and the Brunswick Rooms. From past experience at New Jersey cons, we can likely expect to be near to Slugfest Games (our GenCon neighbors), Tony D.'s Mafia d20, the author CJ Henderson, West End Games, and other folks.

Bill: Long drive from Huntington. I'll fit you into at least one timeslot on Saturday.

Clinton: A third seminar? You do realize this is only an 800-person convention, right? I'll gladly squeeze it into the schedule when I do the revision (hopefully tonight). I'm not real optimistic about attendence outside of our own group, but maybe we'll be able to beat the bushes and get some new blood to come to the con. (then again, I'm a born pessimist, so we likely just write off my doubts)
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

TonyLB

Clinton:  If you've run these seminars before, and you've got a plan, feel free to ignore everything from this line forward.  My experience is indirect and anecdotal.

My experience with anime conventions was that you can talk more about the methods and resources available to an independent publisher at a general seminar than at one specifically made for the purpose.  "How to get published" seminars were empty.  "Interviews with the author" seminars were constantly flooded with questions about how to get published.

I know that sounds strange, but there it is:  If you create a "How to self-publish a game" seminar then people have to make the mental investment to say "Yeah, that's what I want to do, and I'm not afraid to admit it" before they even show up.  

But if they're already at a general seminar, and then they hear somebody else ask about how to self-publish... well, they've just been shown that they are not alone in their secret desires.  They may discover for the first time, right there in that seminar, that they want to publish a game.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Clinton R. Nixon

Tony: Good point. I'll make a comprehensive document and bring a few copies. If anyone's really interested, they can sit down with me at dinner or something.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Helvetian

Quote from: Michael S. Miller

Tony: Yes, please start a thread about table set-up if you like. However, please keep in mind that we do not have a very big space. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding Becca, the Indie RPG Explosion table and likely 8-12 other game companies will be in that space between the elevators and the Brunswick Rooms. From past experience at New Jersey cons, we can likely expect to be near to Slugfest Games (our GenCon neighbors), Tony D.'s Mafia d20, the author CJ Henderson, West End Games, and other folks.

That six-table space (two lines of three with ample space between them for moving around) between the elevators and the Brunswick Rooms are entirely yours.  There will be tables along the escalators on either side, of course.  And if you need more room, we'll certainly manage it.  I plan to put Tony D in the same location he was for DEXCON (the aisle on the other side of the elevators), since he seemed to do well there.  CJ is usually on that same aisle along with WEG.

Becca
Rebecca Badurina
Vice President, Programming
Double Exposure, Inc.
www.dexposure.com

Brennan Taylor

Becca: Were you giving me seperate space or rolling me in with the Forge group?