News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Resources on open session design

Started by Robert Bohl, November 15, 2004, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Bohl

I'm sure they're somewhere around here, but I don't know where.  I'm looking for a way to incorporate some of the session design ideas that are more open and player-centric that I've heard about from here.  Stuff like bangs, relationship maps, etc.

Is there a good article on the main site?  Some way I can familiarize myself with the lingo and incorporate it into the sessions for the series I am about to start running this Saturday?

If you're interested, I have a thread about this series at the World of Darkness forum.
Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG

ScottM

Here's a good overview that helps set expectations-- what's new & different, and what's the same.

Probably the best example of all of these things comes from Ron's Art Deco Melodrama, where he builds a game using this stuff... and explains his thought processes each step of the way.  They're here: 0, 1, 2, 3.

If you're looking for a contrasting example, Peter Nordstrand generated a scenario for a HeroQuest.  He started here, and first works out some bangs here.

Hope they prove useful to you.
-- Scott
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Robert Bohl

Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG