News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

SRD-based "Steampunk" rules, playtesters required

Started by Strutinan, November 20, 2004, 10:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strutinan

Yeah yeah, I know "Ick...isn't that a WotC-based rules set?"  Why yes, it is, but I'm NOT using the d20 STL.  I'm using the much more firendly Promeus license run by the Open Gaming Foundation :)

And in any case, we don't know yet if we are going to botehr publishing them.  They are really only so that w have a place-holder game between me finishing up Under Cover of Darkness and starting Universal Decay.

So what I'm looking for is a group of people wanting to playtest the Steampunk mechanical rules I'm developing for this interrim game.  I figure it can't hurt to see if the rules set is viable, as I'm putting so much work into it ANYWAYS.  Yes this is only a rules-set, I am not DMing an the DM is making the setting up so I have a chance to PLAY for once ;)

So if you are interrested, post your comments (are you DMing or playing), the number of folks in your group, and your contact info so i can get ahold of you.  I hope to have the rules-set up and ready to be played by this thursday sometime.  At the moment I'm 1/5th the way through PrCs, and 1/3rd the way through gear.
"A system is best understood by examining it when it is most unstable."

Look for the Prometheus Gaming License, the best risk free compatibility license!

Jay Tyler Barrell
Owner: DaemonEye Publishing