News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[DitV] Dogs for a Crowd

Started by Jason Morningstar, November 20, 2004, 04:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Morningstar

I'd value any advice on an irritating problem I have.  

I have a steady weekly game session with anywhere from 6 to 8 players.  Obviously, the problem is that I am dying to run Dogs but just don't see it being a success with such a large group.  

I don't have time to run a side game for a smaller group, and don't want to mess with the big group - we've been gaming together for five years.  So any suggestions on making Dogs playable with a larger group would be most welcome!

Albert of Feh

What if you ran two different groups of Dogs in alternating weeks, and give the major NPCs of the town as pre-gen one-shot characters to the group that's not currently being run? Playing joe random town-steward may not be as interesting as being the Dog in a given scenario, but it does mean that off-night players will still have something to stay engaged.

Later on, perhaps the two groups of Dogs could run into each other, butting heads over the issues of a particular town. Also, it would be interesting to see what being on the receiving end of a Dog's judgement does to the players' own style of justice.

Jason Morningstar

Thanks, that is an excellent idea.  I often pull people aside and have them play key NPCs anyway, so they would definitely be receptive to this.