News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge Booth at GenCon SoCal 2004

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, September 02, 2004, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

Twisted Confessions (Alexander Cherry) and Anvilwerks (Clinton R. Nixon) are spearheading a Forge booth at GenCon SoCal 2004, Dec 2-5.

This booth will be smaller than the Indianapolis booth: we will be getting a corner 10" x 10" booth.

What's the same as Indianapolis?

We're basing the booth on the Indianapolis one in many ways. Like the main booth, any independent publisher can get an exhibitor badge through us and sell from our booth for $100 + badge cost.

We have room for one more major sponsor at our booth, splitting the booth cost with us. The benefits to this is that you get to have a say in decisions. This position, unlike the other, is subject to review. Contact crnixon@anvilwerks.com if interested.

We will also have demo tables at our booth. With the limited size, I'm envisioning either one large table used for one to two demos at a time, or perhaps two smaller tables.

What's different from Indy?

We're taking several lessons to heart from Indianapolis.

Selling games without being present. We realize not everybody can make it to SoCal. We'll still sell your games, though. If you are not present, you'll pay for shipping the games to one of us. (Contact crnixon@anvilwerks.com for shipping details, which are still to be worked out.) We'll sell your games to the best of our ability, which will be greatly helped by a summary of selling points, and perhaps a demo. 25% of your sales go back into the booth. In addition, any books you have left over will be shipped back to you, with the cost taken from your profits. We chose to do it this way, instead of the $100 flat fee, to be more fair to those who have games at a lower price-point.

Being a booth-monkey. If you sign up to come and sell from the booth with us, you will be scheduled times to work the booth. You will not be there the entire time: we have a limited amount of space and will work with it accordingly. The actual amount of time spent at the booth will vary depending on the number of workers: we expect to have four people in the booth at one time.

Helping with printing and shipping. I expect to ship an enormous box from my location to Anaheim. I work at a printing company. If you need any sort of flyers, pamphlets, or the like, contact me. I'll get you a quote from my work and have it shipped there for you.

We look forward to seeing other Forge members there.

Feel free to ask questions and make comments here. We'll be taking reservations for booth-monkey-ism and non-present sales a little later in September.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ben Lehman

For what its worth, I will be going almost certainly.  If you want me to demo your game, please contact me in this thread, or by PM.

yrs--
--Ben

Lxndr

The same deal applies as with Luke at GenCon Indy (this might be the "official" agreement with cuts on the NPA, but I'd rather spell it out anyway).  Anyone who'd be eligible for a cut of the NPA, if they're at GenCon SoCal as a vendor and/or booth monkey (like Ben's almost certainty), we will split all costs above production.

(I'm assuming, at least, that there wasn't enough of a print run from our Mysterious Benefactor to get some gratis at SoCal, and thus I'll have to request a small Print-on-Demand style print run m'self, cutting into the production costs, and thus the profits.  We'll see.)
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

daMoose_Neo

I've been on the board with my CCG Final Twilight- while I would dearly love to hit GenCon SoCal, alas I cannot.
Would it be possible for me to have my product at the Forge booth and if so would anyone like to demo a CCG/Boardgame/RPG hybred?
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Adorame

Hopefully you guys will come to a con on the east coast.  It would be nice to meet everyone in person.
All that glitters is not gold. All who wander are not lost.

Jasper the Mimbo

I'm trying to work things so I can come. So far it's looking like a go. Even my magic 8-ball says "all signs point to yes" and those things are never wrong.
I'm willing to reprise my roll as an "attention getter" (sounds better than booth babe.) and if you need me to I can run demos also.

- Ben, E-mail me or call me so we can work out possible travel/ housing stuff.
List of people to kill. (So far.)

1. Andy Kitowski
2. Vincent Baker
3. Ben Lehman
4. Ron Edwards
5. Ron Edwards (once isn't enough)

If you're on the list, you know why.

Tav_Behemoth

Quote from: Clinton R. NixonTwisted Confessions (Alexander Cherry) and Anvilwerks (Clinton R. Nixon) are spearheading a Forge booth at GenCon SoCal 2004, Dec 2-5... We look forward to seeing other Forge members there.

Nat and I will be exhibiting at SoCal on behalf of Behemoth3, and we're looking forward to seeing y'all there too!  We won't be part of the Forge booth, though; we decided to seize the chance to get the entrepreneur discount on a booth of our own while we still qualified for it.

Let's think about ways to support one another at SoCal, and I hope to continue learning from the mighty con-expertise of the Forge as we try to manage our own booth this time.
Masters and Minions: "Immediate, concrete, gameable" - Ken Hite.
Get yours from the creators or finer retail stores everywhere.

Clinton R. Nixon

Update on the booth: We've possibly got a third, shadowy group participating in the booth. More details as they come.

Otherwise, we're finalizing the booth. If you would like to sell your game at the GenCon SoCal Forge booth, you need to let me know immediately, as in before November 5th, and preferably by the 1st.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Clinton R. Nixon

The shadowy figure can be revealed now, after final approval from the booth denizens: Wicked-Dead Brewing Company will be the third booth sponsor this year. Right now, you should be able to buy The Shadow of Yesterday, Fastlane, the NPA, all Wicked-Dead games (and I imagine, Memento-Mori), and quite possibly Orbit, all at one booth. Plus there will be a minimum of two mohawks.

This is growing into a very exciting Forge booth with a flavor all its own.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Clinton R. NixonThe shadowy figure can be revealed now, after final approval from the booth denizens: Wicked-Dead Brewing Company will be the third booth sponsor this year. Right now, you should be able to buy The Shadow of Yesterday, Fastlane, the NPA, all Wicked-Dead games (and I imagine, Memento-Mori), and quite possibly Orbit, all at one booth. Plus there will be a minimum of two mohawks.

This is growing into a very exciting Forge booth with a flavor all its own.

*I told myself I wouldn't cry, dammit!*

Yeah yeah, I'll be there. I won't have a mohawk (or will I?).
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Clinton R. Nixon

The final lineup of companies at the GenCon SoCal Forge booth is:

- Anvilwerks (The Shadow of Yesterday, Donjon)
- Twisted Confessions (Fastlane)
- Wicked-Dead Brewing Company (all sorts of stuff)
- Psychobilly Games (Orbit)

This is a damn fine lineup of independent games, with a certain California flavor.

This is also the last, last, last call for getting your game demoed and sold at the booth. If you want to do this, get your information to me IMMEDIATELY.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Tav_Behemoth

Is there a booth number for the Forge booth yet?

Behemoth3 will be at booth 631. I requested proximity to the Forge booth to make it easier for us to support one another, but being there w/the entrepreneur discount probably means our placement requests were considered last.

Did anyone have a sense of whether the map of indie exhibitors was successful at Indy?

Clinton R. Nixon

The booth # for the Forge booth is 431, right across from the Star Wars mini-pavilion.

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Tav_Behemoth

There are some opportunities for pre-pimping games at the Gen Con So Cal forums I thought I'd point out:

Who should Store Owners Visit?: pimp to retailers!

Swag!: pimp to freebie-lovers!

Someone also suggested the idea of linking demos to form a contest: by playing in demo events hosted by multiple publishers, you compete for/get a chance to win a prize. I'm down for this - see this thread for details.