News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Official News Thread for BGP

Started by Keith Senkowski, December 01, 2004, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Senkowski

December 1st, 2005

General News
The site has been retooled to be more user-friendly and to better market the game.  This is of course an ongoing process, so feel free to comment on things you feel need changes.

Exposing the Shadows News
This December you will be getting two new issues. The first to be released will be the regular December issue which covers the Varskamen. The Varskamen are a secret society of Noderin magicians you can plug into your game as allies or new foes. Look for it December 15th.

Later on in the month we will be bringing you a special Holiday edition of Exposing the Shadows, called A Very Bloody Christmas. Inside we will explore a very slavic take on vampires and using them in your game. Look for it on December 26th.
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Brennan Taylor

I like the redesign, Keith. Much cleaner, and it gets the info across really well. Good job!

Keith Senkowski

December 15th, 2005

The December issue has been posted.  You may (or may not) notice that there is no mention of the Varskamen.  That is because I changed their name to the Galgagramr.  I liked it better.

The holiday edition is in the works and on schedule.  Because there is only so much I can write about vampires, it is instead going to cover several different types of slavic based undead.  You will also notice that not one of them is called a vampire.  This is only because the word vampire now tends to imply Ann Rice/White Wolf nonsense.  I like my monsters to be monsters not angsty teenagers in the bodies of gods so we will leave that word alone...
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

urbwar

Quote from: Bob Goat

The December issue has been posted.  You may (or may not) notice that there is no mention of the Varskamen.  That is because I changed their name to the Galgagramr.  I liked it better.

Just read this Keith. Pretty good stuff!
Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/

Keith Senkowski

Hey,

Thanks.  I was trying to split the difference between flavor and ways of using said flavor.  The Christmas specials follows this same patter, but with four nasty things and four ways of using them in a game...

Keith

Keith Senkowski

December 27th, 2005

The Holiday Special of "Exposing the Shadows" is now up in honor of my brother's birthday. Take a look and let me know what you think folks...

Keith Senkowski

January 7th, 2005

Conspiracy of Shadows News
Conspiracy of Shadows is now available as a PDF.  You can purchase it for $10.00 via the Forge Bookshelf and Paypal.  Just go to the products page.

Keith Senkowski

January 19th, 2005

I had to push this months Exposing the Shadows to next month.  To make up for it I will be posting two issues next month as well as a free rpg, which does not, as of yet have a nifty title.  Also keep an eye out for preview information for the Game Guide.  Stay tuned campers.

Keith Senkowski

January 24th, 2005

I will be at Dreamation 2005 this coming weekend and running at least one game Friday night. The Conspiracy of Shadows character sheet has been updated to reflect your feedback and a Cell Worksheet has been added. Check them out on the downloads page.  Finally, next month expect 2 issues of Exposing the Shadows and a new FREE RPG.

Keith Senkowski

February 13th, 2005

Tonight I posted a usuable (usable by others) version of The Fall, the Episode I ran at Dreamation a few weekends ago.  It gives you pretty much all you need as well as some character stats and a possible villain for the game.  I also posted a conversion of the Supernatural Horror Shurgath from the book to the updated monster rules.

Speaking of other updates, the Game Guide is coming along nicely and I have two more little things to add to it.  One is a new mechanic for the use of your Cell's resources, making them have a direct mechanical effect (or is it affect) on the game.  

The other is a whole chapter on religion.  It will include a small mechanic that helps make religion as relevant as it should be in the game as well as information on the impact of religion on a Conspiracy of Shadows game.

Keith Senkowski

February 14th, 2005

Bob Goat Press News
Late last night I finally put pen to paper and wrote up a simple Conflcit Resolution system that has been rolling around in my head.  I posted here on the Forge and at bobgoat.com.  If you get a chance take a look and comment on it.

Keith Senkowski

February 15th, 2005

Three days of news in a row.  That's got to be a record.  Monica Valentinelli wrote the first part in a series of fiction pieces based off of my own little game, Conspiracy of Shadows.  It is very entertaining and way cool that I got fiction (all you other designers have got to be jealous).  I posted at bobgoat.com for everyone to enjoy.  If you get a chance take a look and comment on it.

Keith Senkowski

March 21th, 2005

I love this stuff cause it is like serial fiction from the 20s and 30s, which is just too cool.  The third part in a series of Conspiracy of Shadows fiction by Monica Valentinelli has been posted.  Go check it out.  

Sacrifice: III