News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Logging in from other computers

Started by Valamir, January 29, 2002, 05:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

Ran into a problem while on the road with the private forums.  Do these forums use a cookie in order to get access to them?  I can log on from another machine and get and send private messages and post to forums but I cannot see the private forums.

1) is that the problem or am I missing something.

2) If it is, is there a way around it?

J B Bell

Looking at my handy-dandy Cookie Manger (build into Mozilla--eat my dust, Netscape and IE!), there's phpbb2mysql_data, and phpbb, and LastVisit for this domain.  So, yup, it uses cookies.  But unless your on-the-road viewing has cookies disabled on purpose (which I guess it might--a public terminal would get badly cluttered quite quickly, I suppose), it shouldn't cause any problems.

Of course, I don't even know what the "private forums" are.  Heh, this reminds me of the old BBS days, when the local BBS had message boards "Elite", and when that got too polluted with commoners, "Really Elite."  Snork.  I wonder if we'll ever be hearing from Valamir again after that gaffe.  :)

--TQuid
"Have mechanics that focus on what the game is about. Then gloss the rest." --Mike Holmes

Clinton R. Nixon

Just to be clear on private forums - nothing like the old BBS elite message boards are happening. Private forums exist for private discussion of playtesting games that are going to be sold later. It's basically a workbench that we can provide to people that don't have any other "groupware."

There's three at present, one for moderator advice (how to split a thread, and the like), and two more for playtesting and hashing out two games that are going to hopefully see print this year.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Mike Holmes

Hey, I don't mind anybody knowing.

We're into playtesting Universalis, and the forum is set up to receive feedback on said playtesting. If anyone has a serious desire to playtest the game (not just read it, but actually play it), just drop myself and Ralph (AKA Valamir) a line and we can discuss it further.

Thanks,
Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.