News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Elitism and number of posts

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, January 11, 2002, 06:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared A. Sorensen

Hey!  Here's an idea:

Once a person has started posting, they get a little blinky icon under their name instead of a number. The more posts they make, the faster the icon blinks!

Yeah!

And make it, like, black on yellow or something really bright.

- Jared

(I'm kidding.)
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Mytholder

Even better, tie the font color of posts to your number of posts. Newbies start with their text in *exactly* the same shade of grey as the background, so you've got to highlight their text to see it. As you post more, the colour automatically shifts towards something more visible.

And people who post a lot get something really visible. Jared's posts would be engraved on the reader's retinas 'cos they'd be written in nine foot-high letters of NUCLEAR FIRE that blasts ULTRA-HOT LASER DEATH GAME DESIGN PHOTONS out of the screen*.

*: and we'd have to put a little "Best viewed with a giant particle accelerator" gif on the front page. Hey, the web started at CERN...

erithromycin

I'm relatively new, but I lurked for a while. The number of posts is something I look at, but only for those who've made it onto my 'must read' list. I really hate it when I come back after a week doing other stuff and have to wade through pages of intelligent, witty discourse, on a subject I love because some of you seem to have decided that you're going to gun for a rounder number.

Grr.

Why can't you spend your time on something I can ignore, like trying to GNS mornington crescent [1].

drew

[1] Note: If you pull it off, I'll play...
my name is drew

"I wouldn't be satisfied with a roleplaying  session if I wasn't turned into a turkey or something" - A

Tim Denee

We going to have a party or something when Ron breaks 2000 posts?