News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

lulu

Started by Doehring, December 12, 2004, 11:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doehring

I would check lulu.com they seem to be the cheapest I have seen and there was a post here on the forge but it was difficult to realise what it was about.
Hope is hope and nothing more

daMoose_Neo

Lulu is a Print on Demand/PDF online store, nothing to do with the topics at hand concerning layouts, editing, and other content issues.

As to artwork, depends on the artists.
For Twilight's new expansion, I've paid for 4 of the pieces, mostly bought while I was buying for the rest of the original run. The artists whose work is for the new set have the following agreement with me-

- Unlimited print rights to me (Ads, cards, reprints etc), Unlimited rights to them, excepting pieces featuring my characters, in which case the use is restricted to the artist's use (merchandising, portfolios, books of their work etc), not to be used by anyone else. Generic pieces are free to use however.
- Full set of the original set upon completion, full set of the expansion upon printing.
- Flexable deadlines- having the pieces ASAP wasn't important. These folks spoke to me around September, I set a deadline for mid December. Thus, they've worked on the pieces in their spare time, inbetween paying jobs.

I've gotten a pretty nice response out of it too. Most folks have tossed in a couple of pieces, some very nice work, a couple of which are much better than even my first set, which I totally paid for.
If you can get some gamer artists, see what you can do. Some older product and the new product can be a fine price tag for some with some spare time.

[edit] GAH! Didn't realize the age of the thread from that last post! This one should be sleeping with the fishes somewhere...
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Ron Edwards

Hello,

The above two posts were split from What do you pay for X?

The discussion may continue, but Doehring, please review the guidelines for posting in the sticky threads in the Site Discussion forum.

Best,
Ron