News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

News update

Started by GreatWolf, April 16, 2002, 05:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatWolf

This seems like a good time for a news update.

(cue exciting music)

First, development on Alyria does proceed, albeit slowly.  Right now I have an Alyria game that is about to start, which includes two novice roleplayers.  Should be interesting.  Rules tweaks are being contemplated as well, based on the little bit of playtest feedback that I've received.  One of the biggest suggested changes is to chargen.  Folks don't like the point-based system for assigning Traits, and I'm inclined to agree.  So something new will be devised.

On the other hand, right now is a tempestuous time in my life.  I am prepping for a job change and move in June.  That's right!  The Ben-Ezra clan is heading west to Peoria, Illinois!  This is good news for Ralph Mazza (Valamir), who has been looking for some gaming goodness.  However, this has been interfering with any serious writing projects, including something resembling a draft manuscript for Alyria.  There has also been school stuff getting in the way.  And, to top it off, there's a certain amount of burnout that has been dragging at me.

However, once the move is complete, this should all change.  At the very least, I will be done with school (tomorrow's the last day!) and eventually stability should set in.  Hopefully this will allow me more writing time, which will go into Alyria (among other things).

That being said, I do still have a functional quick-start rules set, if anyone is interested in taking a look and trying out the game.  Just email me at darkomengames@juno.com and I will email you the necessary files.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Valamir

Looking forward to playing some Alyriaaaa.
In Peoriaaaa.

Heh, with two of us in Peoria, Mike won't be able to make me drive all the way to Milwaukee to game ;-)

Who knows maybe we'll even be able to convince some of those Chicagoites to come down and see how the rest of the state lives :-)

GreatWolf

And then maybe we can find out whatever happened to that bag.  ;-)

Peoria will become the gaming capital of the world!

Er...well, probably not.

Although I wouldn't mind arranging for visitors from Chicago....
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Valamir

Ja, I zink I vould like to revist za Kommissar und zee if he continues his slide into za dark.