News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Dog High Points, a copy of Paka's post

Started by Kaare Berg, December 15, 2004, 03:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaare Berg

Like Judd I havn't got the time to post my game here so I'll sneak in on  his post.

When I played my Hope Junction branch the End Game caught fire:

Stopping the Boy
Despite demonic resistance one Dog had caught up with the false priestess son and tried to stop him entering his home. The kid suffered some brutal fallout as the conflict went physical and the Dog accidental killed him.

Sparked some beautifull self-doubt and grief.

Dog versus Dog
Having lost a conflict against his doubt and grief the aformentioned Dog confronted his fellows Dogs as they were about to confront the now grieving mother. It escalated to physical before the conflicted Dog gave, fearing his guns.

They went into the next scene.

End Game
Confronting the false priesthood the Dogs escalated and escalated. When the thick gunsmoke eventually cleared only the conflicted dog from above was left standing over a sobbing mother. The feamle Dog was sprawling under a table, messily dead, while the other Dog opened his vest to find fatal a chest wound. Both players narrating this from the fallout they recived.

The doubting Dog executed the mother and left Hope Junction.

Given that I had a serious misunderstanding of fallout (making it way to brutal) my players still grew with the system. Their death narration in particular was te high point, where Maiken our female player insisted that not only had she died messily, her skirt was around her waist,  making her  Dog's death a futher degradation of her Dog.

A question about group versus group conflict. In the final Showdown there where three named NPCs vs three PCs. I got confused how to solve this as arguments fllew back and forth. In the end I made two NPCs henchmen and had the Mother sacrifice them as stated in the book. Should I instead rolled a die pool for each and raised and seen individually?
-K

Judd

Quote from: NegilentIn the end I made two NPCs henchmen and had the Mother sacrifice them as stated in the book. Should I instead rolled a die pool for each and raised and seen individually?

The way you did it sounds fine.  Did it play out in to satisfaction?

Kaare Berg

The scene rocked and became on of the more meomorable of my post-forge gaming. In intensity only a scene from BW springs to mind.

What really, really rocked my boat was the fact that my players tok the big step into narrative control. Maiken specifically describing how she was degraded by the way she was found dead. Espen with the classic, oh I've been hit, slide down the wall and expire.

What didn't work was that in this scene all three NPCs were important, had been defined earlier and this way two of them became diminished.

I am however ambivalent about this, since after all my players chose the Mother to be the key opponent.
-K

Emily Care

Quote from: NegilentWhat didn't work was that in this scene all three NPCs were important, had been defined earlier and this way two of them became diminished.

I am however ambivalent about this, since after all my players chose the Mother to be the key opponent.

Who where they important to? How was that established?

I think you're on the right track with looking at what the players keyed into, that is indeeed the most important thing.  

--Em
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games