News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Some Dogs High Points

Started by Judd, December 15, 2004, 01:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd

I'm not sure when or if I'll have time to write up the other DitV games I've run so I thought I'd write up a couple of high points of the games.

Condemned Question

There was a moment when the players were deliberating as to a man's guilt.  He was standing there, watching the Dogs debate his possible shooting or hanging in the middle of the town square in the dead of night.

Condemned Man:  If you's all are the Word of the Lord, how can you be having an argument?

Dog: Look at it as God thinking out loud and shut up.

The players ended up shooting him but they were really conflicted about it and didn't feel particularly great bout the decision.

Angel of Death

The players had drawn and shot on a young boy who was trying to shoot his father.  They did him a brutal amount of fallout and he laid there bleeding.  The Dog who had shot him tried to heal him.

I began describing guts and blood and in the process I said, "The Angel of Death is really hovering over this kid."

Wait.

Then I changed the conflict to incorporate the Angel of Death.  The Dog caught a glimpse of the Angel's wings and had a conversation with him about taking the boy.  The Dog lost the conflict.  The angel put his hand on the Dog's shoulder, "You've done all you can do.  I'm takin' him."

Converting

One of the players went outside where some ruffians not of the Faith were making a ruckus during Sunday services.  He attempted to convert them and they raised to violence but he didn't.

He won anyway, taking the fall-out they dealt him.

It was glorious.  He walked in with a bloodied nose with the chastened ruffians walking behind him, heads bowed in respect.  Now I can't seem to stop him from attempting to convert folk.  He was talked his way out of a number of interesting conflicts.
[/b]

Judd

We had some questions that weren't clear to me from the text of the rule-book but I don't have my notes in front of me.  I will post those questions here when I find them.

Emily Care

Great moments, Judd. Thanks for sharing them. The angel of death gave me goosebumps.

Quote from: PakaIt was glorious.  He walked in with a bloodied nose with the chastened ruffians walking behind him, heads bowed in respect.  Now I can't seem to stop him from attempting to convert folk.  He was talked his way out of a number of interesting conflicts.

A new theme for the player and character. Interesting how it can become addictive. How do you see the fact that he uses words?

best,
Emily Care
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Judd

Quote from: Emily Care

A new theme for the player and character. Interesting how it can become addictive. How do you see the fact that he uses words?

best,
Emily Care

I love it.  It often turns NPC's and thus entire adventures on their damned ear.  Fantastic stuff.

lumpley

Hey Judd, how has the supernatural turned out in your game? I recall a snake demon from an early writeup - did the supernatural grow from there, shrink from there, or stay at about that same level?

-Vincent

Judd

Quote from: lumpleyHey Judd, how has the supernatural turned out in your game? I recall a snake demon from an early writeup - did the supernatural grow from there, shrink from there, or stay at about that same level?

-Vincent

I think the supernatural stayed pretty low-key, flashing up at points.

One of the PC's ended up being captured by the snake demon, giving himself up to it when soldiers came to get him and he attempted to convert it.

It got away but it was seriously rattled by fall-out.

Neat stuff.