News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Polian Holidays

Started by Matt-M-McElroy, December 23, 2004, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt-M-McElroy

Hey folks,

All this well wishing and rampant consumerism got me thinking...

What are some of the major "holidays" in Polian? What historical or religious events do the people celebrate? Are there any large festivals or other gatherings in different regions of Polian?

Might make for an interesting starting point for a story or two...

Regards,

Matt M McElroy
http://www.flamesrising.com
"What Are You Afraid Of?"
www.flamesrising.com

Keith Senkowski

Matt,

Check page... oops. Forgot that got pulled.  The material is on a different computer (which I won't see until the 4th of January), but I will post it here.

Just to give you a little feed back, the majority of the holidays follow a pattern similar to Eastern Europe, a weird combination of current religious holidays (various forms of Albinicanism) and old pagan rites.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Matt-M-McElroy

Cool...

Are there any big festivals and/or events that are noteworthy?

I'm kind of looking for some sort of gathering from far and wide that would bring a lot of important people together (along with lots of common folk of course) for a couple days.

Regards,

Matt M McElroy
www.flamesrising.com

Keith Senkowski

Well, it looks like I don't have that file anymore that had a whole bunch of holidays.  However, I do remember that the Amdati have a big celebration commemorating the Prohphet Dalthus' taking of the city of Alinsk, which sparked the Conversion Wars and founded the Amdati branch of Albinicanism.

Another big celebration I remember was the New Year celebration, which took place in the Spring at the end of winter.  I envisioned it to be much like Mardi Gras or Carnival.

Those are the only two I remember without looking for my hand written notes.

Keith
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

Matt-M-McElroy

Quote from: Bob Goat

Another big celebration I remember was the New Year celebration, which took place in the Spring at the end of winter.  I envisioned it to be much like Mardi Gras or Carnival.

Those are the only two I remember without looking for my hand written notes.

Keith

Cool! I can use that for an upcoming story/game that I'm working on. I can introduce the game to some of my players over a few sessions while it is still winter and work my up to the festival, where things will get very interesting for all involved...corruption, greed and all that fun stuff.

Thanks,

Matt
www.flamesrising.com

Keith Senkowski

Matt,

Make sure you post your actual play experiences when you get to playing.  I would really like to hear about it.

Keith

Matt-M-McElroy

I'll post them here and over on FR...

But I have to finish killing all of the PCs in my current AFMBE game first. They all managed to survive the previous session...

Depending on schedules, it will be a couple weeks. That gives me time to work out the details and do some revisions to my Supernatural Threat in the meantime...

Regards,

Matt M McElroy
www.flamesrising.com