News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Spy Who Summoned Me

Started by jburneko, February 08, 2002, 05:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

I don't think that it's that big a deal. Really, the only question I have is how do you get your "normalcy" or detachedness stat back? By banishing enemy demons, of course! So, when you're feeling like you're getting to close to being "retired" at zero, just make sure that you get out there and off some enemy agents. Remember that Jaws is just a demon summoned by one of the baddy sorcerers (Bond Villains), and that after you banish him, somebody will summon him again.

Also, the GM should give big RP dice bonuses for well described flashbacks like you mentioned above and other nifty spy goodness. Which gives all kindsa player incentive to play in genre as it is self rewarding. Neato!

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

jburneko

Hey Mike,

You may be right.  It's probably a non-issue it was just something I was considering.  It's also important to remember that Humanity ("normalcy" or whatever, in this case) can be gained and lost through ACTION as well as through Sorcerery.

In the case of Bond, as someone else noted already, he probably gains Humanity whenever he seduces a woman because it's a purly selfish act.  "Job be damned, I want to get laid."

In the case of The Avengers, they probably gain Humanity whenever they share on of those charming flirtatious moments as if to remind themselves that all this bad stuff is just a big game to them.

(Note: The Avengers is a text book example of why sex and family (which is really just an extension of sex) are so important to stories.  Cool Villains, weird plots, and bizzare style aside the REAL reason we watch The Avengers is, "Damn it are Steed and Peel sleeping together or NOT!")

In more serious Spy stories such as the works of Tom Clancy, Jack Ryan probably gains Humanity whenever he prioritizes his family or even his own personal ethics over his job requirements.

Yeah, this will most definitely work.

Jesse