News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[TSoY] Can goblins adapt their greatest weakness?

Started by DaGreatJL, January 09, 2005, 09:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGreatJL

Okay, here's my question: With the Secret of the Addiction, is there any circumstance under which the goblin can change what their addiction is? They are in most other ways adaptable; can this be changed, or is it the one thing that always remains?
JL

I got the Power of Metal without cheating.

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: DaGreatJLOkay, here's my question: With the Secret of the Addiction, is there any circumstance under which the goblin can change what their addiction is? They are in most other ways adaptable; can this be changed, or is it the one thing that always remains?

It cannot be changed. The addiction is something they're so obsessed with that they cannot be human. They can't change that.

NPC goblins may be able to change theirs if you as Story Guide want that to happen and the players agree. NPC humans can change into goblins, too, but PCs can't do that. Basically, when playing, remember that the point is to move "up": to learn what it means to be one's self or greater than one's self and move in that direction. Moving "down," which includes becoming non-human or changing your reason for being non-human, is not part of the game.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games