News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New Logo's Up

Started by Michael S. Miller, January 18, 2005, 10:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael S. Miller

Hi, all. Take a gander at the grandeur that is the new With Great Power... logo. Designed by none other than the ever-mysterious Jared Sorensen.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Andy Kitkowski

Tres Cool!  But why do the "Earthquake Effect" on the words to break them up?  Is there some hidden meaning there?

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Michael S. Miller

I assumed Jared put that jagged line there as a visual representation of the Story Arc, but I think it just gives a very late-Kirbyesque vibe to the logo.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Yokiboy

I think the logo is great, and didn't see it as an earthquake effect at all, but it makes the word POWER look like a military insigna of sorts, which fitted the title of the game - and made me wanna buy it!

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Jared A. Sorensen

I have no idea why it looks like that.

Originally the colors were red/orange/yellow but I desaturated it and made it all shades of blue, which looks less crazy.

Mike said he liked how it mimicked "Story Arcs" and I kinda nodded and what, "Sure...exactly what I planned." Ahem.

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

hix

Love the font, love the colours. Is there any chance of making the 'o' and 'e' in 'POWER' more readable (or is that just me)?
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs

Christopher Weeks

That's funny.  I assumed it was a stylization of suburbia -- endless rows of peak-roofed houses.  And I only find the E difficult, but very much so.

Shreyas Sampat

That's a great logo. Nice job.

dunlaing

I don't like the new logo. Sorry. I don't want anyone to feel bad or anything, but it doesn't do it for me. It looks too Steranko-y for the game, which to me fells like it ought to be more Ditko-y.

Keith Senkowski

The logo is very cool.  It reminds me of a badge you would see on Nick Fury in Strange Tales (180s-190s).  However, like the dunlaing, it doesn't seem 4 Color enough.  When I think With Great Power..., I think Jack Kirby Fantastic Four.  I think big and bold colors, not subdued blues.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel