News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

any photoshop experts?

Started by Michael, January 23, 2005, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

As I pretty much only do homebrew systems for my local group, MSpaint has been good to me. I pretty much know it inside and out, though that's hardly impressive as it's only MS Paint. Still, I've managed to make maps, textures, and anything else I've needed for a homebrew game.

Enter Photoshop CS. I've decided to kick it up a notch because a friend of mine showed me the kind of stuff that can be done with it. I was floored at some of the things I've seen made on Photoshop CS from scratch (not even using another photo as its base).

Homebrews notwithstanding, I want to learn this program to the best of my ability. I've tried looking for books on it, but I can't find anything for my level. Either it's way too simple (as in, "this is how you create a layer", and "this is how you copy and paste"), or way too complex.

I don't know if I would say that I'm intermediate, but I'm definitely no beginner. Anyone have any advice on some books or websites I could check out to learn more about Photoshop CS?

Thanks.
"Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't." -- Mark Twain

Christopher Weeks

Ten or so years ago, I used the beginner and advanced Clasroom in a Book training material produced by Adobe.  I've kept current on Photoshop through 7.0, but haven't worked with CS.  I assume the quality of the material is still very good.  And I note that you can but the current version at Amazon.  It's got to be worth checking out.

b_bankhead

Got Art? Need Art? Check out
SENTINEL GRAPHICS  

Michael

Thanks for the links, they are exactly what I needed.

Also, I'll check into that book at amazon.
"Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't." -- Mark Twain