News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Our Con

Started by Tav_Behemoth, February 04, 2005, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tav_Behemoth

Anyone planning to go to this: http://www.ourcon.org/index.asp ?

It's my (and lumpley's) old Hampshire College stomping grounds, and the incomparable Jared Sorenson will be a GOH.
Masters and Minions: "Immediate, concrete, gameable" - Ken Hite.
Get yours from the creators or finer retail stores everywhere.

Colin Fredericks

Yup, I'll be there. I'm planning on running Valence and the new edition of Console

It's been a somewhat unreliable con in the past (very up & down), but the people running it this year seem to have things nailed down relatively well. I'm looking forward to it.

--Colin Fredericks
http://www.valentgames.com/

Jared A. Sorensen

OurCon 13 was last year, btw.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Tav_Behemoth

Hmm, either I didn't notice that all the dates were 2004 or I forgot that it was 2005 now.

What was your experience of the con, then? :)
Masters and Minions: "Immediate, concrete, gameable" - Ken Hite.
Get yours from the creators or finer retail stores everywhere.

Jared A. Sorensen

The first time I went it was...not great. The head of the con (or someone in the higher echelons of con organization) kinda spazzed out and was running around ala coq sans yelling "I'll never do this again." That was odd. I ran a game of InSpectres, sold one book and played lots of Magic: the Gathering with Mearls and my friend Dave (who needless to say was not happy I dragged him 2 hours by car for the con).

Last year was better. I was GoH, which basically means nothing, and sat in on a panel with a bunch of people and talked about games (which was about as useful as any other similar panel -- ie: not very). I think I ran a two person game of octaNe but I might have sublimated the memory. I haven't been invited to the con this year. WHICH IS RATHER TELLING.

My impressions? It's a typical college con: lots of 20 year old nerds who get together and watch anime and play games for a weekend. I was actually in a game (Feng Shui) and had an overall good time. I'd go again, sure.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com