News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Limits of acceptable "Theory"

Started by J. Tuomas Harviainen, February 03, 2005, 10:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark D. Eddy

Am I the only person to notice that Tuomas apparently only wants a conversation with Ron on this topic?

Or maybe not. Lumpley and Clinton have gotten responses, too. But once Ron weighed in, that seemed to be it. It's time to bring out the can of hermeneutic of suspicion when the experiences or responses of regular Forge posters is discounted in favor of the "elite".
Mark Eddy
Chemist, Monotheist, History buff

"The valiant man may survive
if wyrd is not against him."

clehrich

Quote from: Mark D. EddyAm I the only person to notice that Tuomas apparently only wants a conversation with Ron on this topic?
In the interests of fair play, let me say that Tuomas and I are now having a lengthy, complicated, and profitable PM exchange, as I suggested.  Ron had also indicated, I think, that the thread was supposed to close; my post was kind of a "wait wait! hold the door" thing.  Let me also note that he mentioned in his last PM that he will be away for several days at an experimental LARP, so he will presumably not be responding for a little while.

Finally, I think the thread is now closed, which is probably why he hasn't weighed in yet.  Ron, am I right about this, or are we waiting for Tuomas to get back?
Chris Lehrich

J. Tuomas Harviainen

Mark, just so you know: I took the discussions to email and PMs with the people who were interested in exploring the question further.

Just as Lehrich above stated, I've been considering the matter on this thread closed. I'll be happy to discuss the questions further with you too, Mark, just not here.

-Jiituomas (who still had an hour before the train leaves)

Mark D. Eddy

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Mark Eddy
Chemist, Monotheist, History buff

"The valiant man may survive
if wyrd is not against him."