News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

More Downloads

Started by TonyLB, January 24, 2005, 12:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

I've updated the CapesLite demo-rules to include the type of "show the game" pictures of dice and cards that help out so much in the main rules.  I'm hopeful that it will be good enough, now, that people can just pick up the rules and play.

I've also put all of the Click and Lock modules from the book up for free download.  I considered holding that back, in order to entice people to buy the book, but the obvious benefit to players (being able to print out letter-sized batches of click-and-locks for in-game use) swayed me.  Anyway, something to gander at (including, if I do say so, some nice art) while waiting on the release date.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Yokiboy

Very nice Tony, I really like the Click sheets. Now if you would just start selling the game already...  ;)

TTFN,

Yokiboy

lumpley

I was about to come post here to pester you to put these online, Tony. I dug your arts-n-crafts at the booth in a big way. Now I see that they already are!

Thanks!

-Vincent

Brennan Taylor

Tony, how did you set up the ones you used at Dreamation. Was it just a lamination and then cut-out?

TonyLB

I printed out the Click and Lock sheets onto 110 lb. colored cardstock.

I then used the Xyron 900, together with the "Laminate/Acid-Free Repositionable Adhesive" cartridge (part #LAT976-25) to laminate and sticker-fy the click and lock sheets.  

Then I cut them out.  The Xyron uses a cold lamination process, so that the material is actually bonded to the paper (as opposed to some processes which bind to their own material, around the edges, and therefore will lose their seal if cut or perforated).

I did a quick modification of the Click and Lock sheets in Illustrator to produce sheets of outlines where the click and lock modules would fit.  I printed these and laminated with the two-sided lamination cartridge (part #DL907-50).

All told I'm guesstimating that it cost me about $50 and twelve hours to create the set.  Worth every penny, for the convention, but unless I can figure out a company that can do it much more cheaply, you won't be seeing those for sale in a set anytime soon.

Brennan Taylor

Dang. That's a bit more than I wanted to put into it. I was hoping it was easy, because I really liked the sticky click-and-lock modules. We just used the grease pencils on them and wiped off to create new characters. That was a great way to do it. Of course, a bunch of copies and a glue stick is the low-tech way to go. :)

Andrew Morris

Tony, if selling the laminated click-and-lock sets would be too expensive, what about custom sticky pads? You know, like Post-It notes, but pre-printed and with a custom cut?
Download: Unistat

TonyLB

Well, I'm looking around at sticker-print places, so maybe I'll get lucky and we can all have pretty laminated stickies for a low, low price.  So far though, they're not offering exactly what I'm looking for.