News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Google Print, Now Working

Started by Keith Senkowski, February 03, 2005, 01:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Senkowski

So some time ago I submitted my book to Google Print and now it is finally up and out there.  It will be interesting to see what the results are of this little experiment.

Here is what it looks like when you search
Here is what it looks like when you view it.

The previous post about this

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

rabideldar

Keith Senkowski

From there own FAQ, which you can read here.

QuoteWhat is Google Print?
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Since a lot of the world's information isn't yet online, we're working with both publishers and libraries to help get it there by digitally scanning books and then including that content in our search index. Depending on any given book's copyright restrictions, users might be able to view anything from the full text of a book to just a brief excerpt and/or bibliographic information.

Keith
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

Tav_Behemoth

Just submitted Swarm of Stirges and Maze of the Minotaur to Google Print - we're also in the queue for Amazon's Search within the Book program. It's sort of annoying that they both want to scan in a physical book when we could much more easily give them the electronic file it was printed from, but whatever...

How long was the process from submission to going online, Keith? I also hope you'll let us know how the program works out for you (book sales and ad revenue) once you start having data on it.
Masters and Minions: "Immediate, concrete, gameable" - Ken Hite.
Get yours from the creators or finer retail stores everywhere.

Keith Senkowski

Man, it took freaking months, but I jumped on it pretty early so who knows, maybe they have the kinks worked out.  The stat tracking is pretty extensive so hopefully in a month or so I will have some interesting results to share.

Keith