Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2021, 01:24:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 174 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [TSOY] Damage and weapons  (Read 3073 times)
tzunder

« on: February 10, 2005, 04:34:18 AM »

Ok, I have just read TSOY and I want to run it and I also want ti suggest some revisions for a new 0.91 version for the website.

1: Damage is now 'Setback'
2: Bloodied is now 'Shaken'
3: Broken is still 'Broken'
4: Weapons are 'Devices'

If you find and replace those words in the document, and do a little edit in a few places then you have a much smoother view of how the game incorporates non combat and combat all as one.

You could rename Stay Up as 'Keep Going' as well.

I also found some paragraphs unclear, I'll try and read all the other posts here first before I repeat anything.

First Age

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 02:08:47 PM »

Quote from: tzunder
Ok, I have just read TSOY and I want to run it and I also want ti suggest some revisions for a new 0.91 version for the website.

I'm just a few steps behind Tom. I'm loving this game.  only hope Tom runs the game in Sheffield with me!

I like your suggestions for alternate terms Tom, and suggest we use them in our game.

Cheers

First Age
sirogit

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 06:04:28 PM »

Personally, I've found that TSOY's use of combative terminology to describe a universal system is satisfying on the same level that more elaboration violent imagination is. "Whoo, I just made that guy bled! Try to dig a hole faster than me will ya?"
Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 06:12:59 PM »

Quote from: sirogit
Personally, I've found that TSOY's use of combative terminology to describe a universal system is satisfying on the same level that more elaboration violent imagination is. "Whoo, I just made that guy bled! Try to dig a hole faster than me will ya?"

I agree.

But I also use the term "I smoked his ass" to describe any time I do something better than anyone else and "I just cock-slapped that code into oblivion" to describe making broken programs work.

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
timfire

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 08:28:59 PM »

Quote from: sirogit
Personally, I've found that TSOY's use of combative terminology to describe a universal system is satisfying on the same level that more elaboration violent imagination is.

Yeah, people say "combat is just another form of conflict." But I like to think of it the opposite way: "All conflict is a form of combat."

--Timothy Walters Kleinert
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 09:09:01 PM »

How Musashi of you, Tim. I almost heard a shakuhachi wail in the background when I read that.

Sudden katana swipe! Decapitation! Defeated foe finishes sentence before he realizes he's dead!

Best,
Ron
tzunder

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 09:31:10 AM »

Thank you. Roleplaying author realises game improved as his body is split in two. Twang..

(This is so OTT)..

tzunder

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 09:32:58 AM »

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon
"I just cock-slapped that code into oblivion" to describe making broken programs work.
Really? Cock-slapped?  mmm.

So maybe we should rename it 'Cock Slapping' rather than BDTP?

I shall try and buy the printed edition when I am in Toronto..

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: