News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[TSOY] Damage and weapons

Started by tzunder, February 10, 2005, 07:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzunder

Ok, I have just read TSOY and I want to run it and I also want ti suggest some revisions for a new 0.91 version for the website.

1: Damage is now 'Setback'
2: Bloodied is now 'Shaken'
3: Broken is still 'Broken'
4: Weapons are 'Devices'

If you find and replace those words in the document, and do a little edit in a few places then you have a much smoother view of how the game incorporates non combat and combat all as one.

You could rename Stay Up as 'Keep Going' as well.

I also found some paragraphs unclear, I'll try and read all the other posts here first before I repeat anything.

First Age

Quote from: tzunderOk, I have just read TSOY and I want to run it and I also want ti suggest some revisions for a new 0.91 version for the website.

I'm just a few steps behind Tom. I'm loving this game.  only hope Tom runs the game in Sheffield with me!

I like your suggestions for alternate terms Tom, and suggest we use them in our game.

Cheers
First Age

sirogit

Personally, I've found that TSOY's use of combative terminology to describe a universal system is satisfying on the same level that more elaboration violent imagination is. "Whoo, I just made that guy bled! Try to dig a hole faster than me will ya?"

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: sirogitPersonally, I've found that TSOY's use of combative terminology to describe a universal system is satisfying on the same level that more elaboration violent imagination is. "Whoo, I just made that guy bled! Try to dig a hole faster than me will ya?"

I agree.

But I also use the term "I smoked his ass" to describe any time I do something better than anyone else and "I just cock-slapped that code into oblivion" to describe making broken programs work.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

timfire

Quote from: sirogitPersonally, I've found that TSOY's use of combative terminology to describe a universal system is satisfying on the same level that more elaboration violent imagination is.
Yeah, people say "combat is just another form of conflict." But I like to think of it the opposite way: "All conflict is a form of combat."
--Timothy Walters Kleinert

Ron Edwards

How Musashi of you, Tim. I almost heard a shakuhachi wail in the background when I read that.

Sudden katana swipe! Decapitation! Defeated foe finishes sentence before he realizes he's dead!

Best,
Ron

tzunder

Thank you. Roleplaying author realises game improved as his body is split in two. Twang..

(This is so OTT)..

tzunder

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon"I just cock-slapped that code into oblivion" to describe making broken programs work.
Really? Cock-slapped?  mmm.

So maybe we should rename it 'Cock Slapping' rather than BDTP?

I shall try and buy the printed edition when I am in Toronto..