Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 04:42:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 84 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Advertising revisited  (Read 675 times)
Ampere

« on: February 17, 2005, 08:52:38 AM »

This is really separate from the previous PR kind of inquiry.

Advertising. The con season is coming up and we want to make a splash.

Maybe stickers, T-Shirts, flyers...
Any other ideas? Any thoughts on how the above works in reality instead of how we hope it'll work? Any known resources for the above?

TonyLB

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 09:08:13 AM »

There is nothing (nothing) that I have seen that compares with the impact of having an excited designer (or knowledgeable player) demonstrating the system.

My standards are these:
    [*]A good demo should become interesting to the players in less than three minutes.  "Instantly" is even better.
    [*]A good demo should reliably be done (start to finish) in fifteen minutes.
    [*]It should have shown enough of the rules that the players could enjoyably play a four hour session without learning more.
    [*]It should, above all, leave them wanting to play that four hour session, as soon as possible, with their friends.[/list:u]My advice?  Take the time you would spend making up knick-knacks, and spend it on perfecting your demo... and even on training friends and partners to demo in your absence.

Just published: Capes
    New Project:  Misery Bubblegum
    Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: