News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

BARBAREN!--The ultimate Macho RPG (very, very long)

Started by Frank T, February 22, 2005, 10:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank T

Hey Ron,

you know, you are right with everything you just said. Negative reinforcement sucks. I should have thought of that myself. Plus, it's much cooler if it's the player's own decision that makes him do all those nasty things for The Woman.

It could be as easy as assigning an extra relationship bonus of, say, +6 as long as the warrior is The Woman's chosen champion.

How's that?

- Frank

P.S.: Regarding the gender issue, PCs are always male. The interplay of Aggression and Horny just doesn't work with females.

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I think that it's time for you to do some playtesting. Ralph and I have probably already gone well over the social limit of intruding into your initial vision of the game, regardless of whether our advice is consistent with it or not.

Best,
Ron

Frank T

Well Ron,

playtesting is certainly invaluable, but unfortunately the only playtesting group I have right now consists of myself and one player. Which is not exactly perfect conditions.

As for the intruding: I did not have a real vision of relationship mechanics when I came here, just the feeling that I somehow wanted to have them in the game. I will include the mechanics as drafted in response to Ralph's idea in the playtest version I am going to use this wednesday, and see how they fare.

I like your idea with The Woman, too, but that's still more of a brainstorming, so proposals are welcome. We'll see if that leads to something I want to have in the game. Don't worry about destroying my initial vision. I think I can make those decisions. Your advice is much appreciated.

- Frank