News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Otherkind] Questions and Ideas

Started by Victor Gijsbers, February 06, 2005, 05:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiombarg

I should mention in passing that when I chewed up and spat out the Otherkind system for Pretender, that I changed the way the narration die worked because of the exact problems you mention. In essence, if you got a high roll in Narration, you decided who narrated -- which could be any player, including yourself, or the GM -- and if you got a low roll, the GM decided who narrated, which didn't have to be the GM.

This ensures that the narration die is valued and that narration is traded around the table regardless.
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Victor Gijsbers

I have on more simple rules question: when Iron is greater than the value of the die from which it is to be subtracted, what happens? Is it set to 1, so that 1 Radiance will bring it back to 2? Or is it set to 0, or -1, ..., so that players need to spend more than 1 Radiance to bring it back to 2?

Victor Gijsbers

Anyone knows the answer to my last question? (I mean, surely Vincent knows. ;) )

lumpley

Oh! Spaced it, sorry. The answer is: the latter. The die "goes negative," so you have to match Iron point for point with Radiance to bring it back up.

-Vincent

Victor Gijsbers

Thanks. :) First real session next friday; I'm looking forward to it.

Victor Gijsbers

I posted an Actual Play report about our first two session here. This system definitely had some surprises for me!