News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Burning Wheel] Learned Opinions

Started by Stigg, February 27, 2005, 08:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stigg

Greetings all,

I am formulating a steampunk campaign and I would like to use the Burning Wheel system for it.  

In your humble opinions, is this a wise idea?  Are there systems that may be more suited towards this? (caveat: I am already aware of the Faulkenstein/GURPS/etc systems that are tailored for steampunk.)

Thank you in advance for your time.
Make every day a frabjous day!

Ron Edwards

Hi Stigg,

It's great that you're considering the Burning Wheel. However, this forum is reserved for Actual Play posting, which means, really playing. Sometimes it can include some prep discussion, depending on my judgment as moderator.

If you're still in the stages of thinking about what game to use, this isn't really the forum for it - and the topic itself isn't really a good Forge topic anyway, being mainly an opinion poll.

What I suggest is starting a new topic in RPG Theory to discuss, perhaps, what "steampunk" means to you and what you might want from role-playing using it. Then a real discussion could grow from that. This thread, though, should stop here.

Best,
Ron

Stigg

Fair enough.

I request that a moderator remove this post so as not to cause any further confusion.

-Stigg
Make every day a frabjous day!