News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TSOY layout

Started by Matt Wilson, February 28, 2005, 08:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Wilson

So in the magical print edition, there's this nice touch where the top margin of every page has a blurb summarizing the page's contents, in Clinton's own way of describing it. For example. the blurb on p. 76 is "human violence drives the world."

Dude, did you have to do that manually for every page? You da man. I thought it was work to set up master pages for each chapter.

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Matt WilsonSo in the magical print edition, there's this nice touch where the top margin of every page has a blurb summarizing the page's contents, in Clinton's own way of describing it. For example. the blurb on p. 76 is "human violence drives the world."

Dude, did you have to do that manually for every page? You da man. I thought it was work to set up master pages for each chapter.

I did do that manually. It was only sort of a pain - took about six hours of reading and writing them.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Michael S. Miller

Once I noticed them, I got a big kick out of them, too. It's like a little hidden treat for those who pay attention. Well done, Clinton!
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Christopher Weeks

I agree, those tidbits of knowledgey goodness rock.  

But so that I'm actually contributing something to the thread: I am kind of bothered by the image at the bottom of the page -- I mean it's nice, but the fact that it doesn't take up the whole width and the text wraps around it (and comes too close) is a deficit, in my opinion.  (But if you weigh the two issues the goodness above is better than the badness is bad.)

Bankuei

Hi,

Yeah, I always dig little personal stuff like that.  A few comic books I used to read would put random quotes in the copyright text block on the inside cover, or the "Scrilla" remark in Donjon.

Chris