News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Free Character Generator Software

Started by TonyLB, March 04, 2005, 11:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

Check it out:  Flash Character Generator.

Features:
    [*]Print sheets of Click and Locks.
    [*]Mix and match Powers, Skills and Personae on the same page.
    [*]Immediate lookup of any module in the book.  Saves on typing.
    [*]Modify those modules in place, to make something subtly different.
    [*]Automatic text handling for those offset two-line entries
    [*]Use the same easy-entry system to create characters.
    [*]Support for mixing and matching drives.
    [*]All the sidebar art from the book.
    [*]Print six click and locks on a single page
    [*]Print four minor characters (without Drives) on a single page
    [*]Print two super characters, with Drives, on a single page
    [*]Vector printing for quality comparable to the actual book (better, if your printer rocks)[/list:u]I'd certainly appreciate feedback on it.  There are already a few bugs (like the tab order of the fields) I would like to work out, but that aren't sufficient to hold up delivery.  If it gives you trouble, I want to hear.

I'd be particularly interested in hearing whether it clutches on older, slower machines.  I tried to tune it to run in as small a CPU footprint as I could manage, but the amount of processing going on behind the scenes is fairly boggling, even optimized.  I worry about folks with ten year old boxes... I don't want to shut them out of the fun.
    Just published: Capes
    New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Larry L.

That title page could be reorganized for better display on low-res screens. Or default to one level of zoom.

Character sheets don't have anyplace to write inspirations.

Exemplars, man, exemplars!

Ron Edwards

WOW.

Any chance of getting the skill-sets up there as well as the supers? I really wanna play an Inhuman Spook.

But hey, this is amazing, and a great example of maximizing the internet as a fanzine and consumer support base.

Best,
    Ron

TonyLB

The skill-sets are already there, but I disabled them in the Supers section.  Maybe I shouldn't have, but I figured anyone with just skills wouldn't need drives.

Anyway, you can go to the Minor Parts tab, and to the right of the drop-down for choosing power-modules there are two buttons, one that starts green, labelled "Powers" and one that starts yellow, labelled "Skills".  Click the Skills one and the module switches out for skills, which gives you a whole new menu.

Same thing happens in the Full Page of unconnected click and locks.  Except you've got three buttons, "Power", "Skill" and "Persona".

Christopher Weeks

Shazam!

When I click the Personae button and then drop down the options, the drop-down graphic overlaps part of other graphics without covering them...so they're messy looking.  In case you care enough to tidy it up.

Ron Edwards

But I want an Inhuman Spook with Drives ....

... big puppy-dog eyes like a goblin in Shadow of Yesterday ...

(sniff)

Best,
    Ron

TonyLB

Christopher:  I do, indeed, care enough to fix it up.

Ron:  How's this for a compromise?  I'll code in the ability to directly alter the picture on the modules, and allow people to pick from all the pictures.  So you can assign a Spook picture to a power-module, and then type whatever you want (even a copy of the Spook skills) in on the power-slots.

John Harper

Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Larry L.

I found a couple bugs on the Minor Parts page.

The first two character name blanks are not rendering in the comic book font.
    The role blank on the first character is not selectable.