News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What's up.

Started by James V. West, February 22, 2002, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James V. West

Hey everyone!

Just checking in with an update on what's going on with The Questing Beast, The Pool, and all my other scads of projects.

- The Questing Beast will be released as a digest-sized, desktop-published book available in time for GenCon. It will feature all new artwork and could run around 40 pages (maybe more, maybe less). I plan to include a few example Accords including a fuller version of "The Sword in the Stone", several example Romances in various stages of completion (some as starter books, others as examples of complete Romances).

I've "hired" someone to do the layout and design the overall look of the book. She's my wife, Dawna, and her eye for design is excellent. I expect it will look as sharp as it can despite the absence of "professional" printing. That frees up some of my time for other stuff.

- Speaking of other stuff, I'm slaving away on artwork for a couple of up-and-coming games from folks you know and love. Clinton has already stated that I'm doing art for Donjon, but the other designer has not mentioned it publicly (that I know of), so I'll refrain from advertising it.

The coolest thing about doing art for Donjon--besides the fact that I love the game and plan to do a supplement--is that I get to do the cover!

The plan is to have all this artwork finished by the end of next month. Wish me luck.

- I've essentially put all other stuff on hold for now. With working that crazy day job stuff and doing all the fun stuff in time for the con I don't have much time to think. But when I DO get time to think, I'm going to tackle some new projects like the Donjon game, Hof, Imp, and Veng Bulak (formerly Hunter Raven, who knows what it will ultimately be called).

- I have an official domain name now, but I haven't had the chance yet to do much with it. I'm at www.randomordercreations.com but for now it's just pointing you right back to my geocities page.

Thanks for all the support and advice. The Forge is the most valuable resource I've ever found and you people simply rock.

That's it for now!

hardcoremoose

Hey James,

Aforementioned "unmentioned" game designer has already stated that when you're done with his artwork, I get you.  

Just kidding, of course.  I don't have a major project in the works currently,although something is going to happen with WYRD in the near future (following my current round of playtesting).

Good to see that things are going so well for you.  Now if only you could find a way to GenCon...

- Scott
(who's debating the logistics of a detour enroute to Milwaukee by way of Kentucky, and whether Dawna would press kidnapping charges)

James V. West

Quote from: hardcoremoose
Aforementioned "unmentioned" game designer has already stated that when you're done with his artwork, I get you.

Cool.

I don't have a major project in the works currently,although something is going to happen with WYRD in the near future (following my current round of playtesting).

Like I told you months ago...I'd love to do illustrations for WYRD. Where do I sign?

Good to see that things are going so well for you.  Now if only you could find a way to GenCon...

- Scott
(who's debating the logistics of a detour enroute to Milwaukee by way of Kentucky, and whether Dawna would press kidnapping charges)

She wouldn't, but I'd proabably get fired! However, I am making plans for next year...