News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Drives Question

Started by jburneko, March 10, 2005, 07:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jburneko

Hello,

When talking about building characters it says, "Take five Heroic or Villainous Drives" which is kind of confusing since there are only 5 heroic and 5 villainous drives to choose from.

Does this imply that it is within the scope of the rules (intent of the design) to mix and match heroic and villainous drives.  Could I create a character with Truth, Justice, Love, Obsession and Fear as my drives?  None of the example characters through out the book seem to do this.

That phrase about "Taking" drives seems odd to me.  If the intent is not to mix and match it seems it would be simpler to say, number THE five heroic or villainous (depending on the character) drives from 1 to 5 totaling 9.

Jesse

TonyLB

My intent was to support mixing and matching.

At the same time, I wanted to make it pretty clear that once you've mixed and matched, you no longer have a character who can clearly be labelled either "hero" or "villain".

There's nothing wrong with that, so long as you do it consciously.

I need to make that text more clear and prescriptive in future editions.  It's bordering on an outright errata, rather than just poor expression.  

Thanks for the catch!
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum