News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Arkenstone update

Started by Eero Tuovinen, March 16, 2005, 01:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eero Tuovinen

I just thought to inform folks here on the latest Arkenstone update, as we have quite a number of different games from people here for sale.

The latest batch order of games found it's way here in December, if I remember correctly (thanks, Michael! Your game rocks with the update). Being the lazy webmaster I am, it took me 'till March to actually put the games to the website (if you were thinking that this is a quick business in Finland, think again...). But now they're there, and if any of the authors should get a kick out of a foreign language website displaying his games, here we go: Arkenstone website has your games, and you can find your own in the navigation bar down the left side. Each game has a separate page with my "capsule review" (that is, I describe the game after reading it). You'll just have to believe me when I say that I've found something positive to say about each and every one of them (although I obviously have some favourites).

We're starting the convention season here in Finland next month by going to Conklaavi in Turku. It's the second biggest rpg con in the country, and you'll understand the size of things here when I say that it's about 300 people. My intention is to do more or less the typical Forge thing: sell games, demo games, do a lecture about something and find new friends. I'm hoping to demo Fastlane especially, as then I get to use my roulette wheel, bought for the purpose. If you're in Finland: consider contacting me, and coming to the con as an associate; you get to buy games for a discount, and will have a much more entertaining convention than you'd get otherwise. Free entrance and other perks, too, depending on what you'd actually do in the con.

For the game publishers out there: if you're interested in having your games retailed in an exclusively Finnish web shop, I expect to do one more batch order (that is, somebody collects lots of games for me in America, and gains my gratitude) this year, to coincide with Ropecon. My hope is to then get the stuff I missed last time (What's this Capes, for example? Is it for sale? Or PTA? How stupid do you have to be to not retail it? And InSpectres, apparently it's always out when I try to buy it.), as well as some new things. If you have a game and I haven't explicitly nay-said it, changes are that I've simply forgotten about it when writing order sheets. Thus it's a move of wisdom to hint me.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.