News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

InSpectres Opens a Coventry (UK) Branch!

Started by Gethyn, March 21, 2005, 05:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Gethyn
Quote from: Jared A. Sorensen
I've noticed a tendency for InSpectres players and GMs to either forget, ignore or just plain not read the rules for Confessionals:

1 per player per game
etc...
Are those the same kind of rules as the invisible ones on earning Franchise dice we were emailing about the other day? ;)

DAMN YOU INVISIBLE RULES! Holy crap I could have sworn the 1 Confessional/player game rule was in there. FAAAAAAHHHCCCKK!
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Mike Holmes

It was in the old edition, I think. Must have gotten lost in translation. :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Mike HolmesIt was in the old edition, I think. Must have gotten lost in translation. :-)

Mike

Without verifying this I will agree and say yes, Mike is right.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Gethyn

Quote from: Jared A. SorensenDAMN YOU INVISIBLE RULES! Holy crap I could have sworn the 1 Confessional/player game rule was in there. FAAAAAAHHHCCCKK!
Heh. I'm like Rainman. Spill a box of matches and I'll instantly tell you how many are missing. It's a gift.

That rule though...interesting...
So even if I'm running a  30 dice mission with 3 players, everyone still  gets just one confessional each in the entire game?

That seems...something.
'Not many to go round', is perhaps the phrase I'm looking for.
I don't want to run off about it because I've not tried it but I guess that would make for a different kind of game to the one I played.

I'm assuming it's a balancey sort of thing - did playtesting show that the confessionals just got out of hand without it, or..?

G