News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Getting the word out

Started by Olibarro, February 28, 2005, 08:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olibarro

So we finally have two actual products in our catalog and we're looking to add a couple more shortly. Where are good sites on the web for making announcements/press releases/that sort of thing?

I'm a semi-regular visitor to a lot of large sites (EN world, RPGnet, etc) and am familiar with their open ad/promo forums, but I'm looking for other sources as well... either gaming news sites or forums that have a space for blatant pimping. We have a few on our list, but are probably missing many good places.

Thanks in advance.

Ed Cha

You can put up a press release at Gaming Report.
Founder and Chairman, Indie Press Revolution
http://www.indiepressrevolution.com
FREE shipping on the best in indie games

CEO, Open World Press
http://www.openworldpress.com
Publisher of the critically-acclaimed "World of Whitethorn" series

Olibarro

Hey, thanks. I had come to think that maybe this was just a stupid question.

bacon_x

There is no need to be self-conscious. The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. There are new opportunites to promote products coming up all the time, and some of these exist right between our ears.

Keep asking those questions and some of these opportunites will reveal themselves in the form of ideas you can use. The best part about this place is that when you ask questions, the ideas that come out will be of use to someone else if not yourself.

It is not the questions you ask, but how you deal with the answers which matters most.
bacon_x

My pen has run out of ink. What should I use instead?

xiombarg

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention rpgnews.com. Just click on the "submit" link, and keep in mind we use HTML, not BB code.
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Tav_Behemoth

Being a member of the Game Publishers Association gives you access to the Press Exploder, an automated tool to send press releases to a wide range of news sites.

It's a nice benefit, although there are some sites that don't accept email news submissions (e.g. EN World), and submitting a release by hand (using the Submit News function at Gaming Report or Pen and Paper) seems to make it more likely that the press release will appear on the site.
Masters and Minions: "Immediate, concrete, gameable" - Ken Hite.
Get yours from the creators or finer retail stores everywhere.