News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

"Mech A RPG Design Contest" (Free Art)

Started by Andy Kitkowski, March 21, 2005, 10:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Bogenrief

Quote from: Jasper PolaneMe too. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of mission based mech games entering the contest, and that was my first idea as well. I'm not entering until I can think of something a bit more different to write.

Darn, now I don't want to submit my mission based mech game idea.  Back to the drawing board.
-Todd "Bogie" Bogenrief

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: Bogie_71Darn, now I don't want to submit my mission based mech game idea.  Back to the drawing board.

Dude, the point is to make the best game you can think of with limited time and resources. If you can make a killer mission-based mech game, then by all means go for it!

My money has no memory.  These hundred bucks don't care if they're going to "another mission-based game" or "some haughty-taughty game", rather it's going to the game that John picks out (which will be a mixture of "The Best Game" and "The Kind of Game the John was Dreaming Of").

So do your best, man.  Doesn't matter what other people like. If you like it, and it's solid and fresh, it'll be a Contender. :-)

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Jasper Polane

Andy, I agree with you. I didn't mean to imply otherwise, I was just expressing my own disinterest in writing such a game.

--Jasper
My game: Cosmic Combat
My art: Polanimation